PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
That's the only way to enjoy that one, Ash! IMO its too good for a mixer. I was on a kick a couple years ago and plowed through quite a bit of it. It is quite variable batch to batch........ if you find a batch you love, better stock up, cause the next one might be a little different...........

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I'm on a Single Barrel run from a couple of distillers. I keep the barrel number logged for future use.
I love Bourbon. I drink it neat, rocks, as a kinda slushy and my favorite is in an Old Fashioned. I have a shit ton of different kinds of bitters. Love the variety. Oh I just use Jim Beam for that.
My favorite Rye is Bulliett.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I still use the Old Fashioned recipe that you posted here a few years ago....... turned me on to those Luxardo Cherries and I never looked back!!...... :worship:

My favorie Rye is Wild Turkey Single Barrel........ its got a ton of that spiciness that I love.......

chperry01

Lurker
Apr 28, 2018
A friend gifted me a bottle of Balcones Texas Single Malt Whisky Classic Edition last week. Very nice with just a touch of water, it is 53% after all. It does NOT work well with ice. It takes on an unusual fruity/ester note when cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.