PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MidnightPuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2020
Ohio
It's simply my favorite way to smoke tobacco. I'd say my favorite way to use tobacco but it's tied with Swedish snus at the moment.

Reactions: Scottmi

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
I've recently been reading about ADHD and smoking. I'm barely-educated on the subject but it appears that there are some cases where Nicotine patches have shown to help regulate ADHD behavior (and some where it gets worse).
I thought about opening a thread to get peoples' opinions, but I fear it will immediately border as unqualified medical advice.
I listened to this as a podcast the other day, he goes deep into the science of nicotine, most it went over my head, but it was interesting none the less. FYI, he lumps all forms of smoking tobacco together. If you don't want to hear about the risks, don't bother, but if you want to know more about the pros and cons it will be an educational couple of hours. From the bit I could take away from it, all in all, nicotine is about as bad for you as caffeine, and I ingest a lot more caffeine than nicotine.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Say, minty- sorry, monty!

IIRC you've had some very interesting chapters in your life,,,, some in the Santa Fe mountains, no?

I have indeed!
I feel fortunate to have experienced some things most people don't get a chance to experience.
Sailing the Sea's in the Merchant Marines to living in the mountains as a self-subscribed mountain man, along with a whole lot of shit stuffed in between.
It hasn't been very profitable for me, but it sure hasn't been boring either.

Reactions: mbmoehl and Scottmi