PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
Southern U.S.A.
I have a tiroliche that is so deep that I am afraid I can hardly cling to anything when spooning the ceramic bowl. While tobacco gets very adhesive on the heel of thar pipe, I fear too much pressure will break the thing. I have some haunting memories with a clay pipe ..
I know someone who coated the "outside" of the removable ceramic bowl of his calabash with a thin coat of epoxy. It has held up for years. puffy

Reactions: madox07

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
If it causes you to topple over because it ruins your center of gravity. If when you drop the pipe your heart skips a beat not because the pipe might get damaged but you don't want to break a foot or two. If you have to make sure the cat isn't napping in the chamber before you light up. If it's too large to wear as a hat. It needs wheels like those suitcases you see at the airport. If you can't decide to just dump the dottle or try to light the last half but are afraid of falling in. If you just drilled a couple of holes into the earths core. And pretty much any pipe even the Kiseru if you're the size of an ant.

• Haha
Reactions: FoggyMorning

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
For me something close to 3/4 inch internal diameter is ideal. I don't prefer wider bowls; I have a few pipes with wider bowls and never can get the right burn going. Depth is less of a challenge. And tapered bowls are good for me as well.

Reactions: yanoJL