What Is a Pipe You Regret Not Purchasing?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
What is a pipe you really thought about buying, maybe for a minute or a few days, and then when it was sold you kicked yourself for not buying it? I’m talking about those pipes that spoke to you, where you should have just bit the bullet and threw money at your screen.

Post your reason for not buying and a picture if possible.

For me it’s this S. Bang, and I would love to find another one like it in the future. Reason: Expensive.

9F6E4C02-87DC-4EE9-B60C-BBF3A2A821A3.jpeg

Sonorisis

Dec 24, 2019
This Piersel was up at SPC for a short time. I thought about it.... Gone, but not before I had my chance to grab it. Later contacted the carver only to learn it could not be duplicated because of rarity of the bamboo in the original. Have thought about it ever since.

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 7.16.31 AM.png

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Never regretted not buying a pipe. There have been a couple Rad's that I wished that I had won, but quickly got over it.

In the last days of EBAY tin sales there was a lot on sale for WEEKS of probably 50 cans of aged Christmas Cheer + 50 other McClelland Va's for $1200. Still kick myself in the ass for not pulling the trigger on that lot.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It would be something obscure and inexpensive for me. Years ago, Iwan Ries had four or five Hardcastle shapes with bronze colored bands that I kept looking at, for forty bucks. I'd always look but never bought. I suspect they were pretty good English wood, sturdy and with real British reserve. They could be hiding somewhere in IR's vast inventory even today, but I have plenty of pipes by now.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The one and only pipe I am sorry not to have obtained is actually a cased set of two pipes up for auction on eBay. 1915, my father's birth year, and Barlings, in really mint condition. It wasn't that I didn't pull the trigger, it was that my opponent had a deeper resolve to own it. So when it reached about twice market value I let him have it. Other than that I could care less.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
This Yuwei sandblasted acorn came up on Smoking pipes.com a while ago and before I could pull the trigger it was gone. I was a bit sore about that for a while.

It was right at the top of the price range of what I'm willing to spend on a pipe and I normally need months to think that over and justify it to myself.

I've been lucky that the two artisan pipes I bought flew under the radar for months and gave me time to slowly make the decision.

002-842-0026.5304.jpg

odobenus

Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
There have been some really weird, extravagant P. Holtorp pipes that I turned up my nose at, and now kinda wish I hadn't. I just think the guy was amazing.
Also a few reasonably priced, dotted Sasienis that crossed my path. Still looking for that perfect (affordable) Dot.