PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzinc

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2021
Toronto
I have come across Scottish, English, Oriental and Balkan blends and I think I have a grip on what they are more or less -but what is a Danish blend? And what are somr examples of Danish blends.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Generally speaking , unlike Dutch type of blend,the definition Danish type of blend rings warning bells' in me,assuming it is of moderate strength containing bright virginias, some sort of burleys, and a dash of black Cavendishes yet almost inevitably it must have some sort of sugar /honey /fruit toppings applied,and prone to bite

tzinc

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2021
Toronto
Generally speaking , unlike Dutch type of blend,the definition Danish type of blend rings warning bells' in me,assuming it is of moderate strength containing bright virginias, some sort of burleys, and a dash of black Cavendishes yet almost inevitably it must have some sort of sugar /honey /fruit toppings applied,and prone to bite
And what is the Dutch type of blend like?

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
of moderate strength containing bright virginias, some sort of burleys, and a dash of black Cavendishes yet almost inevitably it must have some sort of sugar /honey /fruit toppings applied,and prone to bite
This should be the textbook definition along with:
Usually sweetened, without trying to be explicitly flavoured.

Jun 23, 2019

Yup, that's the first thing that comes to mind for me too: bright, young virginias.

Reactions: dcon

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
And here I just thought it to be a fancy term for a lightly topped aromatic.
Iv'e only tried Davidoff Danish though, maybe it's what put that thought in my head.

Reactions: JOHN72
Status
Not open for further replies.