PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Other than I don't know tobacco for s#$&!
1. Tobacco is not easy. Learning the nuances of what I am tasting and smelling and what I think I am tasting and smelling is damn confusing. Reading reviews to get cues just makes me dizzy.
2. Veteran pipers know their hobby/obsession far better than I can hope. It is religion.
3. PAD and TAD are real and we need a support group and maybe a membership coin made of briar. (please, no one get butt hurt over my reference. I am not belittling the real addiction issues of the world.)
4. Pipe folk are the most generous, argumentative, opinionated, ornery, diverse, wonderful folk I have had the pleasure of associating with in a very long time. Thank you for allowing me into this community.
Yeh, the thesis is over. Poke fun and ridicule at will.

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
you forgot the 2 most important things.
#1 more drying time

#2 smoke slower :rofl:

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Oh we're a support group alright....... PAD and TAD ignition studies group.
When I joined the Forum I had one cob and 2 ounces of tobacco..... let's just say that things have changed. :mrgreen:

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
When I joined the Forum I had one cob and 2 ounces of tobacco..... let's just say that things have changed.
The forum is sending ELF waves through your speaker with secret messages within:
YOU WANT MANY MORE PIPES!
BUY TOBACCO NOW!
giphy-4.gif

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
3. PAD and TAD are real and we need a support group and maybe a membership coin made of briar. amen to that brother !!!

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
One can make the pipe as complicated as possible with many facets. I'm one who simply enjoys and takes the pipe at face value. Tobacco in, ignite and enjoy.

+1. There's already enough complexity in my life, I don't need to drag it into my leisure activities. The only things I obsess about while smoking are keeping ashes out of my scotch and not setting myself on fire. Everything else is burdensome.
Regarding strong opinions and arguments, sorry folks, but there's nothing about this or any other leisure pursuit that's worth arguing about. Sharing opinions and experiences? Yes, by all means. That's why I read this forum. Arguing over? Gimme a break. I am blessed with an abundance of family and friends to argue with. I don't need any of you for that :nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.