PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nardzorb

Might Stick Around
Mar 19, 2014
Don't want sickly sweet, looking for something spicy, maybe clovish or peppery.
I remember the awesome smell of a mahari cigar some years ago, that would be awesome for a pipeload.
Perhaps I figure it's an English style I want.
I would like to get a sampler pack that is rather inexpensive and because I am Canadian I would like a package that is discrete so as it doesn't scream 'HEY CU$TOM$ DUDE, THERE'$ TOBACCO IN HERE!' If you are a Canadian you would know why.
I also want a good hiking, sitting in the woods or a grassy field on a nice day kind of pipeload in a home made pipe that goes well with a beer.
I want good tobacco, but not expensive tobacco.
Thanks.

nardzorb

Might Stick Around
Mar 19, 2014
Oriental anything sounds good, especially if it tastes like chicken balls. (no wait, chicken ball sauce is sweet)
Anyway, back to reality and thanks for your speedy post, anyway can I get this and or others like it in a sampler variety pack?
Never really smoked a 'pipe tobacco' pipe before, but am no stranger to a pipe.
Also, something close to a Canadian (not American) cigarette tobacco taste would be OK as well.

Canadian cigarette tobacco is more sharp, American cig tobacco is sweetish and more mild.
When I was younger, I would have gravitated towards sweet, but as I got older I discovered I did not like sweet cigars and went towards plain.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I can't help you with the "Canadian" cigarette thing, having never tried Canadian cigarettes. Others here will know more about samplers, but PipesandCigars.com does have samplers for various kinds of blends. I mentioned Balkan Sasieni as it uses Macedonian oriental which does impart a spicy and peppery quality to the blend. It also seems to be readily available.

nardzorb

Might Stick Around
Mar 19, 2014
Strike one, made up an order, filled out all the forms to only find out PipesandCigars.com does not serve Canadians, when their website indicates that they do, what a bummer!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Hi Nardzorb, try 4noggins.com they have excellent shipping to Canada...

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
also, Boswells has amazingly fast shipping results and smokingpipes.com is also another I favour.
Keep it under 200 grams or 7 ounces.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Welcome to the forums. You might consider trying a tobacco with some perique for that bit of spice. Blends vary in intensity. I enjoy Luxury Bullseye Flake (Bulk) a great deal, but you may want to try a tin of Escudo to get started. It seems a good jumping off point or maybe the Ragin' Cajun Smapler from P&C to try a bunch of blends. Best of luck to you.

nardzorb

Might Stick Around
Mar 19, 2014
Done!

Thanks ghost.

I got the Balkan Sasieni that sablebrush52 suggested.

Sounds like something I may like, now to make me a pipe!
Thanks guys!

nardzorb

Might Stick Around
Mar 19, 2014
My tobacco is on it's way, in Canada now, I feel so excited, like a schoolgirl with new skipping rope!
What I got to do now is find that right branch on some maple tree, where the bowl part of the branch has a smaller branch coming of off of it to drill a stem hole into. ||/ U/

nardzorb

Might Stick Around
Mar 19, 2014
sablebrush52 said:

--You might enjoy an oriental blend, maybe Balkan Sasieni. ---
At first, I didn't know if I could like it, but I love it! (same thing happens with music albums)

Despite coming down with a head cold which usually makes tobacco unpleasant, figures though, I'd come down with a bad cold the day my tobacco arrives.

The way I feel today so far, I ain't smokin' nuthin'! Runny nose, massive headache, swirly head, BAH!
teufelhund---going to have to check those suggestions out.
Bought me a Medico at a local tobacco outlet, can't believe how cheap it was.
Thanks guys, seems I enjoy smoking a pipe much more than I realized, no more Pom Pom cigars for me. Never smoked a tobacco pipe, never understood the point of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.