Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Just listening to the last show, Aug.08.
My hobby for years other than this one has been collecting Iron Maiden memorabilia.
My apartment is covered in Iron Maiden posters, flags, as well as a good sized bookcase shrine.
Ive accumulated over 200 shirts, about 50 posters, well over 100 12 inch vinyl.
I also have figurines, bobbleheads, running shoes all new in box, not to mention my Eddie tattoos, and my ultimate passion.....seeing them preform.
Ive been a member of the online fan club for years, and try to organize fan club meetups when they come to town, as well as throughout the year when fellow members float into town.
Its an expensive hobby.....
Thanks,

Warren.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Sounds like a fun hobby! I seem to collect hobbies and knowledge of hobbies haha. I collect pipes/tobacco, have a planted aquarium, collect old books, collect vinyl, but more than anything I collect knowledge about hobbies I can't afford or don't have time for. I'm a car nut but don't have my own car at the moment share one with my wife but that doesn't stop me from reading about everything from 4x4s to super cars and participating in online car forums. I also love motorcycles and I've only ever had one solo ride on one. Money and time should be what I collect more of.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
In addition to collecting pipes & tobacco, I am also a amateur aquarium hobbyist. My record was 200+ gallons through five tanks, I tend to specialize in planted South American black-water biotope tanks. I also collect coffee paraphernalia, which given my job likely isn't a surprise. I have vintage brewing equipment and antique grinders, right up to fresh off-the-line modern and new equipment. I hope to refurbish a classic espresso machine before I leave this industry. I am also an avid reader/collector of Speculative Fiction (what we all used to call Sci-Fi and Fantasy), with over 250 novels currently on the shelves.
-- Pat

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
That does sound like an expensive hobby.
I've only seen them once - Somewhere Back In Time tour in 2008.

I was tasked with doing a pre-show check of their pyro setup when they played my city.

Very professional crew!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
About the only thing I seem to collect lately is dust.... according to the War Department any way. :D
But, I have been enjoying my second hobby this year, other than brewing Mead...

Growing Super Hots and eating them:
20130808_113009_resized.jpg

1stj.jpg

20130803_161508.jpg

This turned out to be the hottest pepper I have ever eaten. :twisted:
20130729_190703.jpg

20130723_201105-1_resized.jpg

:puffy:

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
Peanuts memorabilia (Charlie Brown) and Agathia Christie books, plays, television shows, movies and memorabilia.. That's what I collect besides pipes and large amounts of tobacco's

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I just saw a documentary on an online show about a similar sounding Judas Priest fan. He described his first show (1981?), which also billed an up-and coming Iron Maiden, at the old Baltimore Civic Center. That was also my first Priest/Maiden show. It was an interesting documentary, his collection of Priest stuff sounds like yours!

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have collected a few things over the years besides pipe(pretty new at that). In my earlier 20's I collected 1/18th diecast cars, nothing special just what I liked. Most are in storage, have about 40. I keep about 10 in the house in various areas. I only have a handful worth more than original cost. Here is my favorite(link), the wife gave it to me as an anniversary gift.
http://www.exoto.com/s/1/ProductDetails.aspx?Language=en&CategoryId=172&ProductId=1371

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
@skapunk, next bowl dedicated to Eddie with some light Maiden cranking on the PC.
Revisiting an old hobby (drawn back in by a dude on my route) I'll be painting up some Warhammer 40k minis for some tabletop challenges. Hopefully intro my little guy to a new hobby.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Our house is loaded with "collectables" from inkwells, pickle castors, lighting rods, 1920-1940 pottery, and smoking stuff.
Last year my wife went to the grocery store, got sidetracked at an estate sale, and came home with this one:

She forgot the milk.

petergunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2013
I collect memories, I own stuff and use stuff(pipes,guns)and appreciate stuff but I don't collect stuff. I've never witnessed a Hearse pulling a U-Haul trailer.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
As a piper my collection is modest comapred to many menebers here; maybe 40 or so. As a guitar player for 49 years I've collected a bunch of wood. 29 to date and some other instruments as well. Here's a sample.

And my latest.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Nice axes papipeguy! I collect guitars too, but I'm just at a measly 13 including basses. I'm building another 6-string right now, and repainting another. I don't keep my guitars stock, and I'm a compulsive pickup swapper, so I don't have or intend to buy any collectible or rare instruments. I can't be trusted around them. I think that urge to take apart and "fix" things has really triggered the pipe restoration bug I have.
As far as other things I collect other than pipes and guitars, nothing out of the ordinary. I'd like to stop buying CD's soon, I feel like I'm buying 8-tracks every time I pick one up. I still like vinyl, but I just have my old collection from when I was a young punk. I don't add to that anymore.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Fly rods and reels. Pipe collecting sure is cheaper, but you can't catch trouts with a pipe. But then you can't smoke a fly rod, even if it's bamboo, neither.
hp and tl

les

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
I don't "collect" pens, but I have accumulated a a good number (50 or so) of really nice ball point pens like Cross, Parker, etc.
I have many watches purchased over the years, never meant to collect them, but like cats, the just start adding up.
Over the years I have collected film cameras, mostly 35mm, and only a representative of the best model of every manufacturer.
I believe in gun control: I only purchase one at a time, when many times I want to purchase two or more.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Just listening to the last show, Aug.08.
My hobby for years other than this one has been collecting Iron Maiden memorabilia.
My apartment is covered in Iron Maiden posters, flags, as well as a good sized bookcase shrine.
Ive accumulated over 200 shirts, about 50 posters, well over 100 12 inch vinyl.
I also have figurines, bobbleheads, running shoes all new in box, not to mention my Eddie tattoos, and my ultimate passion.....seeing them preform.
Ive been a member of the online fan club for years, and try to organize fan club meetups when they come to town, as well as throughout the year when fellow members float into town.
Its an expensive hobby.....
Thanks,

Warren.
Warren, if I can locate it, I have something I got from them back in the mid 80's from a show. More details if I can find it.... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.