Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
All a matter of taste, no right or wrong, but when one of their songs pops up on the XM I'm happy to be able to push a button and move to something else, lol. Never owned one of their albums. Back when I only had one station choice in my '64 Valiant I just suffered until it was over, haha. Wasn't a fan in HS when they got "famous", never got into them. Looks like the one that still had his act together recently bought out the other as a result of the lawsuit, and now has the catalogue to himself, but even he comes off as a bit whiny. Still, I respect any musician that is able to "make it" in whatever way that is for them.

Pip'n'Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2022
Actually, they've been the in arena performers for the Toronto Maple Leafs for the last 7 or 8 years, think they finally got the boot though... thank god!

• Haha
Reactions: bullet08

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Growing up in suburban Philadelphia in the 70's, Hall and Oates were on the radio all the time. It was background music. Then I went to Temple University, where they both went, and lived in the same neighborhood they did, and drank in a lot of the venues they played. Somehow, I never felt compelled to buy one of their albums though. My musical tastes ran in different directions, and I already knew the words to half their songs, just because I had ears.