PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Covington, Louisiana
postimg.cc
Daryl has a pretty successful solo career, and the TV show "Daryl's House". Oates seems kind of bitter and hasn't had great success solo, although he just released a new album. They came out of the 1970's Philly music scene.
Daryl is playing here with Elvis Costello but we're moving a 1000 miles away tomorrow. Maybe we'll catch him in New Orleans.

This sums it up:

Seems forgettable...

AreBee

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
They toured together in 2022, and I kick myself for not seeing them. A good number of their songs have made their way into my Spotify playlists.

My brush with fame; Daryl Hall's mother-in-law was a long time customer in my family's package store in the '80s and '90s and I once met his wife Sara. Yeah, "Sara Smile" Sara. Fun fact, Sara's sister Alison is married to Tom Petersson, bassist for Cheap Trick.

Sig

Can't Leave
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
People might scoff but they had a ton of hits. I got a soft spot for them.
Agreed.
I have about a dozen "Best of the 80s" albums downloaded on my kindle.....thats several hundred songs.
When friends are at our house drinking....them, not me....Im a teatotaler, they always mock me, then sing along with every song. :)
From Bon Jovi and Kansas and Foreigner, and Journey......to Cindy Lauper and Culture Club and Devo, and Dire Straights, they know them all.
Im more of a hair band guy, but these songs are nostalgic. And we all know ALL of them.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Oates lived for a long time in Woody Creek just outside of Aspen Colorado. It was sad. He would jump on stage to jam with just about anyone to help keep his name in peoples mind. About 4 years ago he sold his place and last I heard, had moved to Nashville to try and revive his career. He need the money was the rumor but he got about 4 million for his place so I doubt he is sleeping in his car