What do you suggest as a good morning smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Since this thread has been revived, I'll chip in.

I like latakia in the morning, and lately that has come down to Syrian latakia. I usually start the day with one of 2 MacBaren blends - Solent or HH Vintage Syrian. I jsut finished smoking the last of my Solent bulk, and am about to pop a tin of the HH VS.

I recently had an ounce of Altadis Burma Road, which is a crossover English. I'm going to get some of that on my next tobacco order, and put that into the morning rotation. :puffy:

Jul 12, 2011
It depends for me...I might go EMP, Dunhill Flake, H&H Classic Burley or maybe some SG-Navy (smoking it now w/coffee and sunrise)

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
I like to start the day with strong coffee and a Latakia blend, Frog Morton, Gourmet English, Legends, 3 Oaks Syrian, Westminster, etc. Coffee and Latakia, a great combination.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
Strong coffee, and 1/2 Sugar Barrel and 1/2 Capt Black white. Been doing it for years and it wouldn't seem right to substitute anything else. I have a jar marked, Morning with it mixed up.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Lol, looks like the tobacco list on PipesandCigars.com website. I usually smoke an Aro in the mornings, but it is also when I like to try a new tobacco, because the palate is fresh. This week it's sterling White Taile Aromatic, which is caramel topped. Goes well with my Irish breakfast tea and corn chex with silk milk. :puffy:

tonypuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2011
Ive been on a GLP Chelsea Morning kick for the past 6 months, goes good with my morning cup o mud.

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
Lately, anything :lol: I was on an OTC in the morning thing for a while, but now its just whatever I feel like. I've been alternating Old Dublin and Maltese Falcon throughout the day for the past week or so. I guess you could say im on an English blend kick.
Most people seem to either start the day with something very light, or very strong. Depending on your nicotine requirements 8)

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
I usually smoke GLP Lagonda or GLP Westminister in the evenings. However, in the mornings I really like McClelland's Blue Mountain with my Peet's Major Dickinson coffee. This tobacco is a great combination of latakia, probably some orientals and then something else that I can't put my fingers on. However, a very nice satisfying smoke in the mornings or anytime during the day or night.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I'm a bad person to ask or comment on this.
As a cigarette smoker I need my vitamin N in the morning. Lately it's been Kendal's Kentucky with dark french roast coffee...

Status
Not open for further replies.