PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Turkish coffee, Nescafe, herbal tea or an occasional glass of red wine. I usually don't smoke with alcohol as it seems to intensify the effects ......

ethierl

Lurker
Aug 19, 2012
With a non- aromatic tobacco, the best single malt scotch you have on hand.. With an aromatic tobacco - coffee.

Aug 1, 2012
I've tried coffee with my pipes and it's not for me. I usually drink herbal tea, mostly mint, with my aros and water with my English. Tonight I will be having my home brewed IPA with some English Oriental.

Jul 15, 2011
9 times out of 10 its either a bottle of cold gatorade or an icy cold glass of lemonade. As many have said, I don't care much for carbonated beverages while smoking.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
At night, coffee (i work nights) and on my way home in the morning, Usually sparkling or still water...If I smoke during the day, it's either water or soda

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
im fairly new to the pipe and i enjoy a good aromatic paired with a similar tasting loose leaf tea from teavana. I love my tea loose leaf and there are as many flavors of teas as there is tabacco. some deep dark and earthy others spicy and a wide varity of fruits and berry combinations that wow and excite the taste buds. its amazing to me how alike teas and tabaccos are, and the combinations of smells tastes and mouth feels that you get with both. Having a backround in food i find it so similer to pairing foods with wine and beer. there might be somthing to that. Who knows, now you might see a trend of pairing food drink and now a smoke. as with just about everything "to each his own."

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
koshersmoke, welcome to the site. I used to only drink loose teas and would buy all kinds of different ones. They do go great with a pipe for some reason. I have been lazy for a while but after reading your post, I think it is time to visit the local tea house and grab some oz's.

jallen49

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2011
I agree with koshersmoke, teas are indeed a whole new world of tastes.
I have been very interested in getting into loose tea drinking, getting the teapot with the strain, ect. Teavana is an awesome store, lots of selection. It's really difficult to find quality fresh teas around where I live (medium sized city), and I can imagine the difficult for those from smaller towns. The internet is always there, but there is something about being able to walk into a store and smell, touch, taste the tea before you purchase.
And I am a huge fan of pairing tea with tobacco, they are a match made in heaven!

seanavan

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2012
For me, if I'm going for non-alcoholic, then unsweetened iced tea, coke zero, or diet dr pepper are the usuals. If it's going to be alcoholic, then MacCallen 12yr neat, Jack & Coke, Diet Dr Pepper & Captain Morgan, or Deschutes Black Butte Porter. All seem to go well with a pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.