Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
I travel through space and time and occasionally save planets from unfriendly aliens. Other than that I smoke pipes.

Reactions: kcghost

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I'm a Mechanical engineer for an international firm. I work mostly with Pharma and Biopharm with some industrial, manufacturing and food processing sprinkled into the mix.

Reactions: kcghost

K.E. Powell

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
I'm a case manager. I assist inmates in finding employment, drug treatment, and generally making their reentry into society a little easier. I also try to bridge relationships with community providers to make that task of reentry easier. There's other stuff, but that's the gist of it.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
It seems most of my answers are similar now days. Breath. Three years ago, I was let go (they called it resource action) from a corporate America. A lot of you will remember this company as one of most used typewriter company among banks and other corp. before 80s. So after 25 years of being in sort of cushy place, came out with being too old and being too well paid to find a new job. So now, I eat, sleep, poop and help out with the family business on some of the days.

Reactions: swampgrizzly

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Usually, I do whatever I want, unless the wife adds to the "Honey-Do" list.
I retired nearly 20 years ago after 35 years as a Chicago Public School teacher, most of it as the school Liberry-ian.
Same school, same room, same desk for 33 of those years. I taught all grades, K-8, in a Southwest side school at 25th. and Kildare, in Little Village.
Since 1974, I teach Sunday School for Sophomores and Juniors at my church, where I also serve as a tonsured and ordained Reader.
But, as I am wont to say, "every day is Saturday but Sunday."

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
First real job I was a mfg. representative in the jewelry industry. I had 5 mfg and they were all fine gold 14kt and above. I had all of New England as my territory and it was big. I di well as I could sell and I had nice stuff. My sample case had 50,000.00 in it and I was careful where I was at all times.
My next gig was the car business which was like shooting ducks in a barrel. Instead of me having to cold call all the jewelry stores, the customers came to me. I set records at a couple of dealerships and became a truck manager before my second year in the business. I became a sales manager when they figured out I was making more as a truck manager than the general manager of the entire dealer.
I opened my first business in June 1990 and then bought the plaza where my business was 4 years later. For 27 years I worked for myself and retired in 2017 when I sold my last business.

Now I smoke my pipes, hang out on the internet, read some books and watch some tv. Sports ended up wrecking my body and after 6 sports related surgeries with the last being a spinal fusion with all kinds of metal I am physically toast and need a wheel chair and walker.
I have no regrets as I was a sports junkie. I got to ski some amazing mountains and scuba dive at some of the worlds best reefs. I belonged to a tennis club and I belonged to The TPC Prestancia which was a golf club right across the street from the development I lived in.

I do miss my tennis , skiing and scuba diving the most. I loved golf but it was like a job having to practice and play a lot to keep my game in decent shape.

dcicero

Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
First real job I was a mfg. representative in the jewelry industry. I had 5 mfg and they were all fine gold 14kt and above. I had all of New England as my territory and it was big. I di well as I could sell and I had nice stuff. My sample case had 50,000.00 in it and I was careful where I was at all times.
My next gig was the car business which was like shooting ducks in a barrel. Instead of me having to cold call all the jewelry stores, the customers came to me. I set records at a couple of dealerships and became a truck manager before my second year in the business. I became a sales manager when they figured out I was making more as a truck manager than the general manager of the entire dealer.
I opened my first business in June 1990 and then bought the plaza where my business was 4 years later. For 27 years I worked for myself and retired in 2017 when I sold my last business.

Now I smoke my pipes, hang out on the internet, read some books and watch some tv. Sports ended up wrecking my body and after 6 sports related surgeries with the last being a spinal fusion with all kinds of metal I am physically toast and need a wheel chair and walker.
I have no regrets as I was a sports junkie. I got to ski some amazing mountains and scuba dive at some of the worlds best reefs. I belonged to a tennis club and I belonged to The TPC Prestancia which was a golf club right across the street from the development I lived in.

I do miss my tennis , skiing and scuba diving the most. I loved golf but it was like a job having to practice and play a lot to keep my game in decent shape.
Wow, thank you for sharing all of this. Sounds like a full and exciting life from here. What sort of businesses did you start?

dcicero

Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
Usually, I do whatever I want, unless the wife adds to the "Honey-Do" list.
I retired nearly 20 years ago after 35 years as a Chicago Public School teacher, most of it as the school Liberry-ian.
Same school, same room, same desk for 33 of those years. I taught all grades, K-8, in a Southwest side school at 25th. and Kildare, in Little Village.
Since 1974, I teach Sunday School for Sophomores and Juniors at my church, where I also serve as a tonsured and ordained Reader.
But, as I am wont to say, "every day is Saturday but Sunday."
I have consulted for Chicago public. Thank you for serving the community.

Reactions: dino

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I spent years working for several gov. agencies doing security work. Retired and did private security work and consulting/training. Now I play cowboy/fly fishing guide and a little local security work on call. Getting slower as I age. Selling the ranch and moving to a lake in Alabama to be the local grumpy old man.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I retired at 38 having planned well, well paying career, health insurance, savings and investments. I skipped all but one year of college as I wanted to start making money. This allowed me twenty years of being very picky with jobs and now? I do as I please within the limits of my current health. I lived large for a long time and now pay the various penalties. On the whole life is great for a mid-70 year old who baldly mistreated his body over the years, eating well (not healthy usually), enjoying all sorts of risky behavior (smoking, hockey,riding the rough stock, sky diving a couple of times, murdercycles when I was single, Alpine racing, and so forth). Blessed with great genes I guess.