PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

NightSkyFlash

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 1, 2023
Chicago, IL
I have smoked pipes for 30 years but only smoked bulk tobacco until recently when I picked up some tins at the Chicago Pipe Show. I'm about to empty my first one and wondered what do you do with your empty tins? Any creative uses out there?

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I had 20 or more I had kept and not thrown away, for a while...

I made a little clock out of an EMP tin with a kit from Hobby Lobby as a gift once.

Ended up throwing loads away in the recycle quite a while back as I couldn't find a good decorative use for them, and those who like tobacco tin clocks are something of a minority...

*Can be used as little containers of oddball pieces in a garage or shop but I already have tons of little trays/shelves/containers for that...
*I've seen pics of them used as decoration when fastened to the wooden walls of a garage or similar, but mine isn't the "log cabin" style that they looked good on...

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I’ll think of something. Between shooting, hunting, archery, leather dabbling, the shop, the house, etc I’m sure there’s plenty of crap that I can store in them.
Currently I only use a 50gr tin for lubed wads and a 100gr tin for round ball for my black powder pistol for range trips, but the possibilities are endless.