PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Pretty mundane stuff.

For a while I was into traveling, having stayed at the Hilton Hotel on Mars, cruised the Electronic World, built Dinohatten, survived Mars Attacks, traveled to the core of the Earth, and hung out on the Moon.

These days I work with animals, a Tweety Bird, a Tasmanian Devil, a Wascally Wabbit, a Daffy Duck, several cats, mice, and a couple of chipmunks.

Sometimes I hang out with Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, Bruce Wayne, Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Penguin, and a lot of goons and henchmen.

Clearly I'm not particularly fussy about the company I keep.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I use free energy technology to restore natural weather cycles, bring rain, and banish the off-world, AI-based parasitic entities that have enslaved the human race, and have been sucking off the life-force of the entire planet for eons. Hey, it's tough work, but someone's gotta do it. Certainly makes a nice pipe at the end of the day quite worth it.

And no, I am not joking.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I manage government contracts for a tech firm and I have my own small company. But, I make the bulk of my income going with a couple of buddies to old folks homes for Friday and Saturday night special events and giving the old ladies a Magic Mike show. It doesn't matter if I am 58 and out of shape, the vast majority of them can't see that well and more often than not they don't know if they are putting a $20 in your G string or a $1. It makes your junk smell like Bengay but a quick shower solves that.

Eye-level

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 12, 2021
Tulsa Oklahoma
I manage government contracts for a tech firm and I have my own small company. But, I make the bulk of my income going with a couple of buddies to old folks homes for Friday and Saturday night special events and giving the old ladies a Magic Mike show. It doesn't matter if I am 58 and out of shape, the vast majority of them can't see that well and more often than not they don't know if they are putting a $20 in your G string or a $1. It makes your junk smell like Bengay but a quick shower solves that.
You ever thought about going mainstream? You know...like NYC, LA, and Vegas? :D

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
You ever thought about going mainstream? You know...like NYC, LA, and Vegas? :D

I tried that in Chicago at Chippendales. I got booed and food and drink thrown at me until I left the club. If you don't count the rampant murder in bad neighborhoods, Chicago is a pretty friendly city. NY and LA are rough. Bad eyesight and dementia are the keys to my success.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
First real job after I dropped out of college only getting a 2 year degree from Boston University was as manufacturers representative in the jewelry industry. My territory was all of New England. I did real well fairly quickly as I had a natural ability to sell. One of the companies I represented was House of Bangles who is amazingly still in business.
They made the best bangles and I got the best commission rate from them.

Next was the car business. That was like shooting ducks in a barrel. I was the top salesman after only 2 months in the business. I quickly became a truck manager and took my department from 35th in the zone of New England to number 3. I did it so fast the president of the company had to change my pat plan because I was hitting numbers they didn't think was possible and I was making more than the general manager of the entire company.

In 1990 I opened my first business which was a pool hall and then I bought the plaza the pool hall was in a few years later. I retired in 2017 when I sold the plaza. I had closed the pool hall a few years earlier.
Now I just kick back and help my kids when they need it.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Tinker, tailor, soldier, spy, rich man, poor man, beggar man, thief.

Seriously, I’ve had more jobs than I can count. I served, I was a commodity broker, chef (pretty much everything in the restaurant industry), I ran two different modelling agencies, I’ve worked as a steel erector, antique restoration, nightclub event manager, roadie, landscaper... there’s a few others too.

Now, after an injury, I’m more machine than man, twisted and cruel...... sorry that’s Darth Vader not me, the injury is true however and I’m trying to reinvent myself as a writer as I have to spend most of the day on my arse. I’ll let you know how that goes when I actually finished something I started and give it to a publisher, I’m not holding my breath though.

After watching the news today seriously considering destabilising an area of the globe that will ensure years of chaos and allow the proliferation of terror groups, then I might get a Knighthood like Tony Blair just did.
Zing! ???

Reactions: AlanH