PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish2fish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2011
Alaska
Shirt pocket,or inside pocket of my Carhartt. I always keep a couple cobs and some tobacco in my assault pack in the truck. Nothing fancy but neither am I. LOL

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I'm with irish2fish. Shirt pocket or coat inside pockets. I bought an Expedition bag awhile back. I should try that out. That should hold at least 5 pipes and tobacco for each. Plus my flashlight, camera, pipe cleaners, and some cash.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Thanks for the great idea HiPlainsDrifter! Definitely getting a sunglass sock or case from work now...I've been bringing my packed pipe in a brown paper bag : o

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I just received this as an early birthday gift from my cat. What a swell kitty! I have searched over and over for a day bag that would not to compromise my manhood too much while keeping my hands free. I have went from messenger bags that were too large, to military style map cases that didn't really have enough compartments.
I like to keep my pipes in their original pouches(if available) while out and about for the day. I have found this to be perfect for my needs. Tons of compartments for a lot of stuff as it is very well designed. I love the front pocket that was just designed for pipe cleaners! It is a bit stiff now(just received it yesterday) but a quality product that is built to last. As it is now, it will hold 4 pipes easily but once it loosens up, I am sure I can slip another in. I have read reviews that it will loosen up after a few weeks of use. It can hold almost as much stuff as my old carry bag that looks more like a brown purse.
I found this to be the cheapest on the net. Very sturdy bag, and well worth the price IMHO. They come in different colors but I like the distressed brown the best.
http://www.ebags.com/product/clairechase/ultimate-man-bag/233435?productid=10188241
Claire Chase Ultimate Man Bag

oldman

Lurker
Mar 23, 2013
What? No Crown Royal velvet bag? I've admired the reusability of those since my D&D years many moons ago.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
I use a cigar box it lets me carry 4 to 5 pipes and a tin or two of tobacco along with my lighter, tamper and matches. I love it and take it with me all the time.

~Ron

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
Hi all, new to the forum.
I've never found a bag that I've liked. I've had four pipe bags similar to ones shown here, I've had a Novelli two pipe bag + pouch combo, a MacBaren one pipe + pouch combo... nothing seems to work. They're either too big or too tight.
I wish I could find a simple roll-up for a couple of pipes, just something easy to toss in a camp bag to help protect them. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears.

Aug 14, 2012
I got a few of the zippered leather cases that were being given away with Peterson purchases a few years ago. I use them to carry pipes on trips.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I have the two pipe bag from MacBaren. It's a nice little case and ut serves its purpose for at work. I would like a 3 or 4 pipe pipe case for travelling but what I have now works. I can always put extra pupes in the suit case neatly tucked away in my socks

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
I got this one from P&C. I can carry everything I need for the day. Two pipes, tobacco, tools, cleaners, filters, and lighters. I love this pouch!

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I use a Martin Weiss 3 pipe bag. Similar to Harris' bag, just one pipe shorter. Been thinking about moving up to the 4 pipe bag though. Been carrying mine for years and it works wonderfully.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
duckfat, the 4 pipe bag is normally fine when I am staying local. When I travel, I use my 7 pipe briefcase as that holds my laptop and tons of tins and accessories. Here is a pic of that, it is a full sized briefcase.

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I normally have whatever I need in my laptop case/messenger bag, which works since it's what I carry books in for class and always comes on trips-the small, organizable front compartment pretty much ends up dedicated to tobacco products. The Columbus leather tobacco wallet makes my life alot easier, as it's easy to slip in there or carry in a pocket. I wear blazers/suitjackets on a regular basis, so the extra pockets in those often allow me to carry a pipe and tobacco very comfortably without necessitating a bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.