What do You all Think of the Peterson Halloween Pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
If I didn't just pickup a 1975 Peterson Sterling Silver, I would have considered one. They are nice pipes. I have always liked the Dracula line and may prefer it to these, only because I have 3 system pipes already and that is probably enough.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
They are okay.

As much as I like traditional English shapes. some of the Danish shapes are appealing as well, and Neerup's harvest moon pipes they made a few years ago were to my taste very cool seasonal autumn pipes. They're somewhat reminiscent of a pumpkin on a vine, and the Danish shapes lend a little more fantasy to the design. It's like a magic pumpkin pipe, perfect for a mild latakia blend in the fall.

Not that the Neerup harvest moon pipes are relevant to the issue, but I think of them every time fall / Halloween pipes come up, and kind of regret not getting one.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was kind of attracted to the Dracula series, but I also thought it was too much of a theme. I liked the color contrast but wanted something more classic. My solution was the BC Caprice 1304 rusticated bent billiard, with black stain, a silver-colored band, and a raspberry stem. It has all that contrast and pizzazz, with a little more sophistication and cool. I love my many Petes, but the French do have a way with design and colors.