PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
I have a few estates I'm restoring and one has a few fills that are coming out.What can I use as a filler and where might I find it? Working on getting pics up ,Thanks

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I used pipe mud on my fishing/yard working pipe...it looked fine but it has a very light colored bowl.

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
filler1.jpg

filler2.jpg

throwryuken

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2011
Noticed that the last one was chipping up top a well. You might think if rusticating it to cover up

bailey331

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2012
I used pipe cement on a few pipes and they turned out very well. One was a super nice peterson bull dog I got for cheap. Now its one of my favorites. There an article in on forum somewhere on how to make it.

bailey331

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2012
It in the pipe maintance page. Im not very good at link and such but this is what the title looks like. sticky] Pipe mud and pipe cement (WARNING: GIANT POST)

nightmarejones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
It actually isn't,it has a diamond carved top...This is after I finished the bowl cleaning

lark.jpg

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I've never tried this on a pipe, but have on other things...to match the color better, while the fill compound, of your choice, is still fresh lightly sand a large area around the fill with 0000 steel wool, or a high grain sand paper, the finish dust will stick in the compound & color it. Careful not to sand too hard so you don't discolor the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.