PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
20 minutes in to a CAO Flathead V660 Carb. This is going to be a long smoke. I'm glad I have the UFC to keep me company this evening.

I remember this cigar being bold, but it's actually pretty smooth and mild. The draw is snug, and it's starting to unravel on me, but I shall soldier on.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200808175918374_COVER.jpg

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
To be honest I'm always tempted to try my heavy hitters. Whether it's an esoterica blend, or an aged Cuban cigar. You know, the premium stuff.

But today I saw all those CAO Brazilias taking up space and thought, "Today's the day I finally try one of these."

Is it a complex smoke?

Absolutely not. Very one dimensional.

But you know what, it really hit the spot. This summer I've had some bad smokes. Some duds.

But this was a nice no nonsense smoke that didn't break the bank.

I'm strongly opinionated that cigars and pipes are both amazing. Anyone that likes one but not the other is missing out big time.

During the summer I've been pulled to the cigar side much more than usual. And it's been fantastic.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
Smoking an A. Turrent San Andres. Bought a mazo of 20 for $25 with free shipping. Wanted a cheap cigar that I could hopefully enjoy. Not much to it save the slightly sweet wrapper. An inoffensive smoke and I do like me a San Andres wrapper.

Update: at the 2nd third I'm getting hints of cherries.

IMG_20200809_004700239.jpg

Last edited:

Wifesbain

Might Stick Around
Jul 28, 2020
Cincinnati, OH
Flor De Oliva Maduro. Pleasantly surprised. The only bundles I have tried in the past were Quorum, but they were less than stellar. At least 1 in 3 would canoe. I figured I should find something cheaper than $40 a day since I married an accountant. The Flor De Oliva bundle, where I got them today on a lark, was $3 and change per after tax. But I’ve seen them online for as low as $2. Burned evenly all the way to the nub with the mild spice constant throughout. Very similar to the Oliva V Maduro. But my pallet isn’t optimal yet, take that for what it is worth. Great lawn mower cigar at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.