PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
A rare occurrence today -- smoking (distantly) with a friend! Albeit not a very good cigar: the Man O War original blend corona. In my opinion vastly inferior to the MOW Puro Authentico. Often very charred and barbeque-tasting, despite the nice cool burn. Almost like Latakia on a stick. With extremely loose, crumbly ash. If I didn't know better, I might almost think it had short- or medium-filler. One of the Man O War blends is a Cuban sandwich, but not this one, I think.
IMG_8714.JPG

odobenus

Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
JRE Aladino Corojo petit corona on a rainy morning. I want to love these more than I do. Definitely Cubanesque and excellently constructed, but I find I'm always chasing that sweet twang while it comes and goes intermittently or flies just under the radar. Maybe too subtle for me.
IMG_8718.JPG

It’s a solid Nicaraguan cigar. I liked it!

Started with a lot body, pepper and nicotine. I thought that I would not be able to finish the Churchill vitola. Eventually after 10 minutes or so, the pepper and body became manageable and settled down to what I would call a Nicaraguan Puro with woodsy notes. (It is not a Nicaraguan Puro, but to me it tasted like one). The burn was a little wonky, with tendency to canoe , but i did not feel the need to fix. I smoke fast, but still the Churchill lasted about 1 hour 20 minutes. It remained tasty to the end. I would definitely smoke it again.
odobenus said:
Been curious about that one -- how was it?

Kilgore Trout

Nov 5, 2019
Fuente Queen B. I hate to say it, since I really like Fuente in general, but I've had several of these and they've all been awful. Hopefully I just got a bad batch. The burn has been consistently so bad that it ruins the flavor. Oh well, I'll buy a few more before I give up on them.
Unknown.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.