PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
View attachment 35556

I missed the Lanceros two months ago, but picked up the robusto. Not everybody loves the heavy-metal branding from Black Label......but if you are into the earth/dark chocolate side of Nicaraguan tobacco their releases are oh so good. The annual Bishops Blend (5 year this year) adds a bit more of the bright bell/red pepper flavor "typical" of Nicaraguan tobacco.
Interesting. I've found the Black Label cigars to be decent, but not really to my style, because I prefer those brighter flavor profiles usually. Will have to give the Bishops Blend a try. The one I really liked from them was the Killer Bee (I think). It was like 5 x 46 or 48 and had a partial candela wrapper that I thought worked really well.

Reactions: odobenus

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
View attachment 35714

Illusione HAUT 10. This is one of my favorite cigars, shortly after I took this picture I dropped it putting a 20cm split in the foot. It's smoking like a champ and I'm nursing some Minor Case Rye to make me feel better about being a klutz.
It's so good. It's just so rich with flavor. Unfortunately, a bit rich in price too, which is why I haven't copped a box yet.

tradition

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 27, 2018
Connecticut, USA
Florida Sun Grown (FSG) Toro

Florida-Sun-Grown-Limited-Edition-Toro-www.cigarplace.biz-31.jpg

I like the 601 Blue a lot! 601 Green and 601 Black are also OK. 601 Red was good, but I like it least amongst all the 601s I have smoked.

601 Red Robusto. At one point, back in 2008 or so when it as still made by DPG and My Father, this was my favorite cigar of all. It's different now, and I'm different now. I still like it, though, and it's usually fairly affordable

View attachment 35875

Reactions: danimalia and seanv
Status
Not open for further replies.