PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
A bit of a sales gimmick, but supposed to be better for the cigar than to be in cellophane. At least that's what the marketing department said. :ROFLMAO: I do like the Corojo version.
I've had the Corojo, Sumatra and Maduro versions and thought they were all decent to quite good. I'd probably rank them in that order in terms of my personal preference.

Now smoking a Curivari Sun Grown Maduro with some espresso from Cameroon.

20211027_182234.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Oliva Serie V in a torpedo vitola. Smoking this series for the first time and I quite like the taste. The draw is very tight which I don’t like.
They're such dense little logs of tobacco. I had a box of the torpedoes and some were too snug for me, too. I've had more luck on the draw with the double robusto (5"x54) size... the lanceros have been good to me too, but I know that's not your preferred shape.

They're such dense little logs of tobacco. I had a box of the torpedoes and some were too snug for me, too. I've had more luck on the draw with the double robusto (5"x54) size... the lanceros have been good to me too, but I know that's not your preferred shape.
While I prefer thicker ring gauges, I
am open to experiences. While most of my cigars are bought on sale, and I am willing to try to try Lanceros, at a decent price (At least initially)

alwayslit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2018
DC/Tampa
Nice! How was it? I've heard the newer, rebranded line and sizes are pretty good for the price, but I find the shorter, thicker sizes less interesting than the original releases.

It's a lighter flavor and not as rich as a COLA. I didn't go deep on these and have only one box left but they are a good change of pace smoke. I haven't tried the rebranded line. I also enjoy the lancero format a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.