PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Getting ready to fire up this La Flor Dominica “Chapter One “........ I bought these in 2016 or 2017. They were a bit harsh then, we’ll see what a few years in the humi has done for them.........
View attachment 77670
A few years in the humidor will tame cigars... Sometimes that may be a good or a bad thing. ;)

I've had fresh cigars that were extremely strong - I'm talkin cold sweats and dizzy, and that usually doesn't happen with me. After a few years they were wonderful.

Cigars with a high nicotine content tend to age better in the long run.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
A few years in the humidor will tame cigars... Sometimes that may be a good or a bad thing. ;)

I've had fresh cigars that were extremely strong - I'm talkin cold sweats and dizzy, and that usually doesn't happen with me. After a few years they were wonderful.

Cigars with a high nicotine content tend to age better in the long run.
Age has definitely improved this cigar. The rough edges are gone. Full flavored nic bomb- but it’s almost too much- 2 hours and 20 minutes in and it’s still as long as my bic lighter! This is a 3 hour cigar, good but not great. First 3rd was excellent, 2nd third was mediocre, and this final 3rd is great- creamy and rich but I’m getting fatigued! 4DDCBB49-59C6-41A9-8CE2-1C374AAF0AE9.jpeg

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Age has definitely improved this cigar. The rough edges are gone. Full flavored nic bomb- but it’s almost too much- 2 hours and 20 minutes in and it’s still as long as my bic lighter! This is a 3 hour cigar, good but not great. First 3rd was excellent, 2nd third was mediocre, and this final 3rd is great- creamy and rich but I’m getting fatigued! View attachment 77695
I like em when they get down to the last 1/3rd and taste salty - like Finnish licorice - Salmiakki.

Status
Not open for further replies.