PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JoeW

Can't Leave
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
Sitting out on the deck, listening to something large crashing through the trees down the hill, smoking a San Cristobal Elegancia.

IMG_6209.jpeg

It’s a more complex stick than I expected. Dense, with a somehat tight draw, but decently smoky. There’s a slightly sour note on the tongue, but it’s also slightly salty. Pleasant cedar note and aroma. A little pepper and some toasted nuttiness. It’s a nice cigar to savor slowly.

It’s been a real mixed bag of a week. My boss gave me an urgent work task … which has to wait on others to do their parts. For a long time I’ve been stressed about only having one vehicle, which my son drives 30 miles each way to school, and started having some emission issues this week. And Saturday we’re taking our 20+ year cat on her final vet trip.

I got tired of the stress and facing the prospect of used car shopping (which is the literal definition of hell). This morning I took off work to go look at used Subarus, and instead bought a brand new one with 28 miles on it: the first brand new car we’ve ever bought. My wife has wanted an Outback for a long time: now she and my son have a nice one to drive around. One big weight off my back. Saturday afternoon I’ll have a nice big cigar to try to wind down from the week of stress and more stress, and get back to better things next week.

Halfway through the San Cristobal, I’m enjoying it more than I expected at first. It’s nice to have a little time to slow down before the rest of the week’s stress hits. Looking forward to getting past it.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Sitting out on the deck, listening to something large crashing through the trees down the hill, smoking a San Cristobal Elegancia.

View attachment 335878

It’s a more complex stick than I expected. Dense, with a somehat tight draw, but decently smoky. There’s a slightly sour note on the tongue, but it’s also slightly salty. Pleasant cedar note and aroma. A little pepper and some toasted nuttiness. It’s a nice cigar to savor slowly.

It’s been a real mixed bag of a week. My boss gave me an urgent work task … which has to wait on others to do their parts. For a long time I’ve been stressed about only having one vehicle, which my son drives 30 miles each way to school, and started having some emission issues this week. And Saturday we’re taking our 20+ year cat on her final vet trip.

I got tired of the stress and facing the prospect of used car shopping (which is the literal definition of hell). This morning I took off work to go look at used Subarus, and instead bought a brand new one with 28 miles on it: the first brand new car we’ve ever bought. My wife has wanted an Outback for a long time: now she and my son have a nice one to drive around. One big weight off my back. Saturday afternoon I’ll have a nice big cigar to try to wind down from the week of stress and more stress, and get back to better things next week.

Halfway through the San Cristobal, I’m enjoying it more than I expected at first. It’s nice to have a little time to slow down before the rest of the week’s stress hits. Looking forward to getting past it.
Thanks for checking in.

Congratulations on your new car!

Sorry to hear about your cat.

Looking forward to seeing what you choose for your Saturday smoke. Hope the rest of the week goes as well as it can for you

JoeW

Can't Leave
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
Thanks for checking in.

Congratulations on your new car!

Sorry to hear about your cat.

Looking forward to seeing what you choose for your Saturday smoke. Hope the rest of the week goes as well as it can for you
Thanks, Ben. Sometimes you have one of those days, and sometimes it’s one of those weeks. It’s important to focus on the positive!

Your baseball and cigars event looks like a fun time!

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Sounds like it was nice and relaxing. How was the Marco V?
Hard to say, wasn't really smoking critically. Plus environment was completely different.

That being said my WI friends and family really like this brand. The first one I tried was their Black Sapphire. It was pretty good, and when I learned they are $5 and have a year of post roll age I was impressed. I met the Family/owners last night and they were kind and gracious

There is almost certainly a box of Black Sapphire in my future

'olbuzzsaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 11, 2024
Northwest Indiana
Hard to say, wasn't really smoking critically. Plus environment was completely different.

That being said my WI friends and family really like this brand. The first one I tried was their Black Sapphire. It was pretty good, and when I learned they are $5 and have a year of post roll age I was impressed. I met the Family/owners last night and they were kind and gracious

There is almost certainly a box of Black Sapphire in my future
That sounds very similar to Somm Cigars. I believe the rest time is also 1 year before they ship and they are reasonably priced for what you get. Vlad, the owner, does events often throughout the country. If you ever see a Somm event near you it is worth the effort to listen to him talk. There is never a moment of silence.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@PipeIT Did you became a grandfather for the 4th time? Congratulations 🍾

Hey cshubra, no, my three kids are born in September, and now a son in law, so that’s the four. And a grandchild Is due this month, that’s why I said like 5 next year. LOL 😆

Need to start saving my pennies for next year! LOL 😝

Be well, Aloha! 🤙 ❤️

P.S. I sent my son in law an AJ 5 Sampler pack, and a tupperdor, he’s also into cigars, but doesn’t know much. These might be the nicest cigars he’s smoked. I’ll spoil him later on, after he’s gone through these… LOL 😆

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
That sounds very similar to Somm Cigars. I believe the rest time is also 1 year before they ship and they are reasonably priced for what you get. Vlad, the owner, does events often throughout the country. If you ever see a Somm event near you it is worth the effort to listen to him talk. There is never a moment of silence.
I belive I heard Somm interviewed on a local podcast "How Bout That Cigar"

Which I would recommend