PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Tried a Caldwell The King is Dead Broken Sword this afternoon. I gave up on it half way through. I am bummed because it is the first cigar I have had in over a week. You never want to get a dud after that long.

If a cigar is performing poorly, especially one I am familiar with, I usually chuck it and grab another from the humidor. Life's too short, even for pricey cigars not rolled correctly. Still, major disappointment, there and I feel your pain.

Had a Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo toro size on the way home from the office. Simply fantastic cigar with about 6 months of humi time at 60%RH. While full of Nicaraguan terroir and that imitable cereal grain note I get from Joya de Nicaragua Antaño, this also had a raisin/prune/brandy thing going that I've only really had in good Fuente Opus X. I don't normally smoke toros, but I'm getting a box of these for the coolerdor.

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
If a cigar is performing poorly, especially one I am familiar with, I usually chuck it and grab another from the humidor. Life's too short, even for pricey cigars not rolled correctly. Still, major disappointment, there and I feel your pain.

Had a Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo toro size on the way home from the office. Simply fantastic cigar with about 6 months of humi time at 60%RH. While full of Nicaraguan terroir and that imitable cereal grain note I get from Joya de Nicaragua Antaño, this also had a raisin/prune/brandy thing going that I've only really had in good Fuente Opus X. I don't normally smoke toros, but I'm getting a box of these for the coolerdor.
Yeah, I wanted to grab another, but I just didn't have it in me. It has been a hell of a week and I figured trying again could potentially be another downer, so I just went back inside. I was going to have a Traficante Blueberry Hill, but the wrapper is cracked. I will doctor that up and have it tomorrow.

F

fMf Piper

AJ Fernandez New World Dorado. I’ve greatly wanted to try some New World’s for a while. This is the only iteration I’ve had, and it’s a very nice cigar so far.
Me too. I kept hearing really great things about the various New World cigars, so I picked up two of regular New World cigars at a local B&M and they have been in the coolidor for almost a year. Probably time to finally get one out and try it.