PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma

I've heard good things recently about how well HVC cigars age, especially their special editions. Someone just gave me an aged HVC La Rosa from 2015 that I'm going to try once it's acclimated. The cello is damned brown and crusty.

Checking in on a 6-year old cab of PLPC today. Approachable, and a little more time will smooth out the peppery earth. The sweetness is gaining depth and the cigar had a very cooling, minty mouthfeel, but without the mint flavor. I see a lot of promise in these guys, as was expected. I just wish I would have grabbed a couple more cabs before the Cuban cigar market imploded.
IMG_20230306_133856657.jpg

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I have not - not sure I've heard of them. When I smoked Tatuaje regularly, it was brown label or red label plus the annual monster releases. Over the years, it looks like they've added a dizzying array of new blends.

I started a trip down memory lane by buying a Tatuaje sampler off of someone and have been impressed with a few of the ones I've tried. Maybe I'll look up the Nuevitas, unless they've got that Mexican San Andreas wrapper everyone is going gaga for. Not a fan of those.
Nah, the Nuevitas are Nicaraguan Corojo wrappers, I think. I was never a huge fan of San Andres wrappers, but I don't know if my tastes change or the quality of leaf has been improved, but I've been enjoying it more the past year or so. The Tatuaje Mexican Experience II and Avion Tuxtla are both really good ones that do feature it.