PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Tatuaje Escasos H. Holy crap! This reminds me of the original Tatuaje, before production got moved to Nicaragua and they swapped the wrappers. Reading up, the Escasos are apparently made with a shade grown Nicaraguan Corojo, which explains it. I stopped smoking the brown label largely because the blend change didn't speak to me. I can see stacking a couple boxes of these Escasos.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Tatuaje Escasos H. Holy crap! This reminds me of the original Tatuaje, before production got moved to Nicaragua and they swapped the wrappers. Reading up, the Escasos are apparently made with a shade grown Nicaraguan Corojo, which explains it. I stopped smoking the brown label largely because the blend change didn't speak to me. I can see stacking a couple boxes of these Escasos.
Have you had the Nuevitas? Another (fairly) recent Tatuaje with a Nicaraguan wrapper.

Now smoking a Wise Man maduro with a cup of coffee

20230302_185243.jpg

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Have you had the Nuevitas? Another (fairly) recent Tatuaje with a Nicaraguan wrapper.

I have not - not sure I've heard of them. When I smoked Tatuaje regularly, it was brown label or red label plus the annual monster releases. Over the years, it looks like they've added a dizzying array of new blends.

I started a trip down memory lane by buying a Tatuaje sampler off of someone and have been impressed with a few of the ones I've tried. Maybe I'll look up the Nuevitas, unless they've got that Mexican San Andreas wrapper everyone is going gaga for. Not a fan of those.