PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Too much trouble to do all that. I will leave it to the more industrious of members. I will say if you don't pick up some GLP's Westminster and some of C&D Mad Fiddler you have shortchange your palate. I don't know what customs you will have to pay in Lithuania but let's hope it is tolerant of tobacco.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Too much trouble to do all that. I will leave it to the more industrious of members. I will say if you don't pick up some GLP's Westminster and some of C&D Mad Fiddler you have shortchange your palate. I don't know what customs you will have to pay in Lithuania but let's hope it is tolerant of tobacco.
Customs Authorities across the Baltic countries & Poland aren't that obsessed on tobacco imports for personal consumption, I'd say they stay on the look out for professional smuggling business, the very same rule stands true for Finland, nevertheless, today smokers nationwide here were somewhat surpriced learning ,our government is proposing to rise them exise tax on tobacco products %30 till the end of year 2027, (a Pack of Malboro Reds will then cost $ 13 )

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Yes, online tobacco in the states is very cheap compared to the EU. Buy tins and keep them sealed. Id expect a lot of extra hassles with bulk as stated. Even if you end up being checked and its a ding bat the weight is right there on the package.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Hello everyone! I am a newbie in pipe smoking. I've smoked a few different blends so far. I dedicate each of my pipes to each type of blend: English, Burley, Virginias, Aromatic blends.

I will visit the USA in a month. I have the opportunity to buy some "American" blends that are not available (or not allowed to order) in Europe. Very exciting!

Please help me decide. What would be your advice for American blends:

1. „The most legendary/the most traditional“ American blend

2. „really interesting“ American blend

3. „most common“ American blend

4. „Classic/typical/best“ American English blend

5. „Classic/typical/best“ American Aromatic

6. „Classic/typical/best“ American Virginia-based blend

7. „Classic/typical/best“ American Burley and other

Anything else I should bring home? :)

Thanks in advance!

Cornell & Diehl Pegasus (if you like Burley)
Cornell & Diehl Bijou (if you like Virginia/Oriental)
GL Pease Embarcadero & Cairo (Va/Or, the both of them)
Watch City Cigar (have at whatever you want. I haven't had a bad blend from them, just some I prefer more than others, such as Simply Orange, Rouxgaroux, and Glass Slipper)
LJ Peretti (go nuts - they are blending genii)
Uhle (I like their burley blends best - Blends 00, 300, & 44 are favorites)

Happy hunting! Ken Byron Ventures also has some good blends, but I have a hard time keeping up with all of them. Some are a bit of a miss (to me) and their availability varies widely. Some are absolute bangers.

n_irwin

Can't Leave
Apr 15, 2022
Texas, USA
I would place an order at Watch City Cigar. Great variety and high quality offerings. Like @pantsBoots said, I haven’t had a bad blend from them, and all across the spectrum. Flake 558 (VaPer), Glass Slipper (VaOr), Old Black Magic (Aro), Quint’s Own (?), Waltham Broken Cake (Burley), Simply Orange (Va)…

Reactions: Distant Roads

Distant Roads

Lurker
Sep 9, 2024
Lithuania
Could you just make trip to Germany and buy tobacco there?
I might do that one day (Germany is about 15 hours drive from Lithuania). But now I will be going to US anyway, so I'll use the occasion. :)

What I discovered, there are quite nice Pipe stores in neighbouring countries - Poland and Latvia - with more choice of tobacco. I plan to visit those too.

In Lithuania the choice is rather limited even though it is sufficient for the newbie like me so far.

Puff nstuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2021
Inland Southern California
1. Carter Hall
2. Mixture 79
3. Prince Albert
4. Missouri Meerschaum American Patriot
5. Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic
6. G. L. Pease Telegraph Hill
7. Old Joe Krantz

Any extras might be anything that sounds interesting from Watch City, Kramer's, Sutliff, Ken Byron, etc.

Reactions: Distant Roads