What Blend Have You Discovered This Year?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottygod

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2013
Arizona
www.etsy.com
Gatsby Luxury Flake, Peterson Connoisseur's Choice and H&H Frenchy's Sunzabitches. The latter has me excited about other VaBurPers. Any recommendations welcome!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good post, incidentally, as is the one on discovering pipes. Well thought and with commendable simplicity.

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
Ohio (Displaced Central Texan)
Virginia flakes are always a chore (for me) to smoke, so I'm inclining more toward pouch-friendly, Burley forward cuts these days. My most recent find is Lane Ltd. Ready Rubbed. Nutty, mapley goodness, no bite, and a classic codger room-note. It's the tobacco analogue of comfort food. If quality codgers were the only tobaccos around, I think I'd be OK.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
Boswell Cupcake. It all started when I bought a slightly used Boswell off a guy...and had to know what he'd been smoking in it. It was that...and will continue to be one of my favorites paired with Boswells.

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017
I've had two that were pleasant surprises and added to the cellaring list. Samuel Gawith's Brown Sugar Flake (BS Flake) and G.L. Pease's Temple Bar.
And while I enjoyed McClelland's 40th Anniversary blend, it's not one that I'm going to be stocking up on. I'm sitting on plenty of Christmas Cheer and McCranie's Red Flake/Ribbon. When the day comes that I've run out of what I have, then I could see the 40th as being a good replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.