Status
Not open for further replies.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
I like to smoke my pipes but ....
+1 The Old Cajun
I guess a collecter, pipes to me are works of functional art and I love them,....... my pipes I can caress them, smoke them, contemplate about the fate of the world, damn I love them.

titus

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2013
Canada
Both. As a new pipe smoker I wanna experience owning different pipes as much as trying new tobacco's. I should point out, and not to draw criticism, but I'm trying to ease into the smoking part of the hobby. I'm being cautious, admittedly perhaps too cautious, but I want the decision to smoke my pipe to be for that moment to slow things down, reflect and learn about the hobby, rather than out of habit or in response to a physical need.

Aug 1, 2012
Both here. I do love the smoke and the flavor from certain tobaccos but I also love finding a pipe that is rare (note I didn't say expensive, they are 2 very different things) or a shape/maker I like.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Smoker with slight collector tendencies...hah! I don't forsee any need or desire to horde pipes. My goal is to have a 6-7 day set of pipes that I really enjoy. I'm up to 5 right now, so not too far off. I'd cellar more if I could justify it. But I have so many tins of different blends I'm trying (or would like to try) I haven't dedicated myself to deep cellaring anything. The closest I've come is buying a pound of Penzance when I found it.

Status
Not open for further replies.