PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
Just finished the latest episode of For All Mankind. It's a 'what if' the Soviets landed on the moon first. It's not bad, but gets a bit heavy handed on the social justice warrior scale. It was the late sixties, for pete's sake. Found myself waving the BS flag several times tonight. Can't say I'd recommend the show because of it.

Reactions: MrTom and Bengel

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I watch some rather esoteric stuff from time to time. Right now I'm watching a series called "Travels by Narrowboat" on Netflix.

A guy got tired of regular life so he chucked it all, bought a narrowboat, and cruises the canals of England. I think it's all shot with a GoPro camera or something and it started as a YouTube channel. Very slow pace with some great shots of the English countryside. Obviously not everyone's cup of tea but I find it relaxing and enjoyable.

I don't know how the guy does it without smoking a pipe though.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and MrTom

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
King Arthur (2004), with Clive Owen as Arthur. I always enjoyed this interpretation of the Arthurian legend.

Reactions: MrTom

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
They were! Almost every episode with the original presenters was gold, it's laughable that the BBC thought Matt LeBlanc would be an acceptable replacement for Clarkson.

Yes! The dynamic between Clarkson/Hammond/May is what made the show and cannot be duplicated.

The polar special is probably my personal favorite but the first Africa special is almost a tie.

Reactions: supperthyme
Status
Not open for further replies.