PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Replaying the Ole Miss/State game from last night.

Great game...until an idiot showed up in the last 4 seconds.

Reactions: 3rdguy

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Scorsese! Just mentioned above. So, last night I finished The Irishman, with diNiro, Pacino, and Pesci, among others. Way too long. (3 1/2 hours). Based on a book that conjectures how Hoffa disappeared.

Most interesting thing about it for me was a discussion afterwards, where it was revealed that CGI was what rendered the younger versions of the actors as they did flashbacks.

Reactions: derhammer

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We didn't get much tube time, but on Thanksgiving it was some of the Macy's Christmas Parade with the balloons on short tethers because of high winds, and the Philly dog show, which we always love to watch, though we only saw a sampling. We're big suckers for the many and various collie type dogs, though our real favorites are farm collies with a gracious mix of parentage.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Scorsese! Just mentioned above. So, last night I finished The Irishman, with diNiro, Pacino, and Pesci, among others. Way too long. (3 1/2 hours). Based on a book that conjectures how Hoffa disappeared.

I have watched The Irishman too now. I thought it was good, and well worth watching, but I agree it was a bit too long. I thought Pacino's performance as Hoffa was very good.

As to the accuracy of it, I heard an in depth interview with the author of the book it was based on years ago. He made a compelling case, but there are also reasons for doubt. He had been a prosecutor in Delaware and later a defense attorney and became friends with Sheeran.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Alabama/Auburn.

Maybe this one will be closer than the other rivalries so far today.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Still watching the Maigret series starring Bruno Cremer. I have about 22 more episodes on the DVR.

Reactions: curl

Paul 3.0

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2019
Anderson, SC
Watched Clemson take care of business yesterday, Friday watched Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood. Masterpiece film by Tarantino.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Watching "The Sea Hunters" on Amazon prime.

It's a series about hunting for shipwrecks. Probably boring for some but I find it rather fascinating. Lots of historical information.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Whoah, didn't know that was out, thats a must see for this F1 fan.

Yeah it's a pretty good documentary but then I'm biased as Schumacher is my favorite F1 driver, closely followed by the late great Ayrton Senna.
The doc they did on him: Senna is really good but I'm guessing you've probably already seen it?
It was such a shame he died when he did as not only did we lose a ledgend but also the world was robbed of seeing Senna & Schumacher go at it for the world title, such a shame.

Chris.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched The Irishman and really enjoyed it. I've got the book it was based on but I haven't read it yet.
Afterwards I watched a recent interview with De Niro & Pacino sitting down together and discussing their careers which was awesome and well worth a look if you're a fan of either/both of them. The only problem I had was it was way too short and I could honestly have listened to them for a couple of hours easy.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.