PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayoutwest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2016
KY
David Cronenberg's son Brandon knows how to a direct a thriller. Stunning visuals and great performances. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and I did not see the end coming. 4.5/5

1613747615926.png

Reactions: Gus

Trainpipeman

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2021
Rhode Island
We like shows on MHz, a channel featuring programs from Europe. Right now, an Irish show called Corp & Anam, in Irish, with English subtitles. We have watched Swedish crime shows on this channel as well.

Reactions: scloyd
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Just watched "Dreams with Sharp Teeth" the other day, which is a documentary on Harlan Ellison. It's been on my wanting to watch list for a number of years and it's unfortunate I put it off for so long. He was one of a kind, that's for sure.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Gents- and ladies, if any, in this thread: Please put in your rating, 0-5/5.

It makes it much more useful to those who read your posts. You might lead some to a great movie, or steer those away who don't want to waste their time on something you've panned.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched on YouTube a 40 minute review someone did of a program called Bear Grylls: The Island. Basically the show dropped a group of British men on one deserted island and a group of British women on another to see how the different sexes got on and who did better.

The women did not fare too well. Even at the very beginning the women spent the first 15 minutes chatting instead of trying to set up a camp (Bear wasn't impressed with that) and things gradually went down hill from there. They had to have outside intervention a number of times because they kept getting dehydrated and at one point they were faring so badly the producers were considering taking them off the island.

The funniest bit had to do with food. After a few days a couple of little pigs wandered into their camp, instead of eating them (the women were all hungry) they instead made them into pets. They gave them names (sage and onion) and cuddled and slept with them.
The men on the other hand came across a crocodile and wasted no time. They jumped on the bugger, killed it then ate it?.

I never saw the original show but this guy's video shows you lots of clips and he brakes down the difference between the two groups.
The comments section of the video is pretty funny as well.

Link:

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
yesterday I watched this series based on the real events that took place between Denmark and Sweden between summer 2017 and April 2018.

For me it is a 4.5/5, I love Danish cinema, Swedish, etc, the atmosphere that is recreated invites you to be always attentive and in suspense, magnificent and highly recommended.

the_investigation-704571584-large.jpg

now, ready for watch "Darkest Hour", my opinion and rate tomoroow

Status
Not open for further replies.