PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Enjoyed a nice big bowl of OGS in a Stefano rhodesian with a beer, while wifey enjoyed one of her Capone cigarillos. Once the neighbor finished blasting awful music for no distinct reason, we were able to enjoy the rest of the afternoon, which was quite pleasant thanks to the cloud cover. No rain, but I'll gladly take the sun blockage at this time of year. 9.5/10

Bird report: California quail, California towhee, California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, House finch, Dark-eyed junco, American crow, Red-tailed hawk, Mourning dove, Oak titmouse, White-breasted nuthatch, Anna's hummingbird, and Blue-grey gnatcatchers swarming at dusk.

OGS, properly dried, is turning out to consistently be one of my favorite summertime smokes. But I'm still very much ready for autumn... 😁

stefano.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the last third of this bowl of year 2020 Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Had a "Marvel"ous :) conversation with a fellow piper about pipes, comics and Jack Kirby.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Watching the Dodgers-Guardians game.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Fed all the ferals except for the absent Abner the Eager, and I'm not far from finishing this bowl of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Low calorie snacking follows this smoke. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

Had a nice evening at the BBQ tonight with some family. My niece actually enjoyed the smell of Sun Bear Black Locust so much she smoked a small bowl of it in a meer and had a scotch with me after dinner. Quite nice.

Last one for me tonight and then to bed. Lots more wood to chop tomorrow! For now, i'm relaxing with a well-aged bowl of McClelland 5100 in a mock cob rusticated Hoskinson Hand Made briar poker my brother made.

HB poker 5100.JPG

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2008 Astley’s No. 109 in a straight smooth dark brown year 1926 Parker Super Bruyere patent 3 63/F lovat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Got one estate pipe cleaned, and the other is drying. By tomorrow afternoon, the alcohol smell should dissipate. Getting ready to clean a few pipes that I smoked today with Sleepy Suzy by my side. Daisy the Feral Princess is snoozin' by my feet.
1926_Parker_63:F lovat.jpg

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Tonight I'm smoking Mac Baren HH Bold Kentucky for the first time, in a Dr. Grabow Lark, and oh my goodness this is a great blend!

IMG_8045~2.JPG

I was expecting it to be harsh considering how strong it is in the nicotine department, but it's not at all. It's perfectly smooth and surprisingly mellow in flavor, with less sourness or barbeque pit smokiness than Old Dark Fired and more a gentle woody character. I'll be smoking HH Bold Kentucky all week for my blend of the week this week, and at this point I feel like it's going to be a very enjoyable week!puffy