PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
What's the best cure for an 16-hour flight? Of course, it's 2012 Christmas Cheer in this commission Bullfrog Chubby Brandy, designed it with Jeremiah during the Pandemic and it's one of the pipes closest to my heart -

IXT0humh.jpg

Despite it's awkward (re: chubby) shape, it clenches very easily; I only wish I had a big walrus moustache to go with it to complete the imagery.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work for the day, fed all the cats, and am passing the first third of this bowl of Watch City Original Crumb Cut in a 1950s-60s straight smooth brown Bertram 07 octagonal paneled billiard with a square shank and a tapered black vulcanite stem. That'll do it for me today.
Bertram_07 _panel_billiard.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I'm curious about this tobacco. Always been.
Perhaps my review of EGR will be of help to you.

The smell from a freshly opened tub or tin is entrancing. The nutty, earthy, woody burley also has a touch of molasses as the lead component. The gold Virginia cavendish provides some grass, tart and tangy citrus and few drops of honey as a secondary player. The brown sugary unsweetened black cavendish is a condiment, and has a tinge of vanilla, too. The smoky, woody, earthy sweet Cyprian Latakia isn’t very detectable being only one percent of the blend, but it’s just enough to add nuance to the flavor. I also observe a little fruity plum as well as a red wine topping. There's also a couple pinches of cinnamon present. The strength and nic-hit are a step past the mild mark, while the taste is almost at the center of mild to medium. I’ve never experienced any bite, though I know a few people have. I puff it a little on the slow side for best effect, and I recommend that pace. Has no harshness or rough edges. Burns cool, clean and even at a reasonable rate with avery consistent flavor from top to bottom. Leaves just a little dampness in the bowl. Requires few relights. Has a pleasant, short lived after taste, and room note. An all day mildly aromatic smoke.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Off diet and tasty salad don’t belong in the same post. Everything else is approved even the sharp cheddar on Spaghetti. Garlic bread or chicken wings would have been a good substitute for the salad🤣
I hear ya, buddy! :) Salad is one of the things I always have for lunch on diet days, and the only reason I had one for lunch today was because I was still hungry after I ate all that spaghetti. I love chicken wings and garlic bread, but we don't keep them around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.