PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching the Braves-Phillies game. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Been cleaning my recently acquired Kaywoodie seven day Matched Grain set for the last few days, the stems and bowls were so badly ghosted I thought I might have to call in a priest to exorcise them but plenty of sea salt and Bulliet Bourbon did the job. I’ve been working on polishing up the stems today and I’m almost happy with the results but decided to try a bowl anyway. This is the bulldog in the set with ABF, it’s smoking well with no bad taste coming through so it’s only cosmetic work from here. I’ll show of the lot when I’ve gotten them to a satisfactory finish. image.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching the Braves-Phillies game. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 247923
Have you tried the HU tribute blend to EGR yet Jim? They have it at Estervals but I think it’s quite different to the classic version, I’m thinking of putting a tin on my next order.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Have you tried the HU tribute blend to EGR yet Jim? They have it at Estervals but I think it’s quite different to the classic version, I’m thinking of putting a tin on my next order.
I did in 2014, and still have a couple tins from that time. Unfortunately, the perique content was lowered a little by 2019, but it's still a good blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.