PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Continuing with my occasional series about small pipes I thought I would take this chap out for an airing. It is an early 20th century small meerschaum pipe and not a cigar or cheroot holder that was sold under the 'My Little Friend' brand name. I have often wondered if the company was owned by Tony Montana's relative and that's were he got the line 'Say Hello to My Little Friend' in the movie Scarface! If anyone knows anything about this pipes maker please PM me as I would love to know any information. I smoking a bowl of Gawith & Hoggarth BB No: 2 Flake which should hold me over until dinner at 7.30.

thumbnail-2.jpeg

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Ettrick puffer, thanks buddy! I hadn’t ever saw one locally around where I live and some folks that recently moved in my area were having a sale yesterday trying to downsize stuff due to buying a smaller house and I was lucky enough to see it and know what it was! The owner said that a couple people asked him what it was and they had no idea what they were used for. He had some pipes that he sold earlier in the morning before I got there and he started telling me what they were and what he let them go for and I asked him to stop telling me about it ? wish I had been there earlier!
Yes, a great find.
Personally prefer more compact versions - from pocket size to folding to table top
20210919_190831.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
A day of Glorious CONDOR Plug in a clay...

UearNAX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.