PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
PS Nougat, as I dive into the aromatics world after a long time. In the dedicated Briar Works from recent photos. I don't need to talk through the differences, but I'd say those tobaccos have their time and place. They won't be a go to, but as an occasional change from the norm, it was nice. Lighter, and of course sweeter. And used my new Zippo for the first time after grabbing some fluid for it this weekend.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
D&R Two Timer, a twice toasted blend of burleys, in a Iwan Ries house pipe sourced from Edwards/Benton, a Group 5 straight tapered billiard, Algerian oil-cured briar in a smooth finish. This was one of the earlier pipes I bought and is probably about 35 plus years old. Since then, IR has sourced house pipes from Savinelli and now Genod, and perhaps others along the way. I have similar IR house pipes in a Canadian shape and a pocket pipe Oom-Paul that is also a good smoker. In my opinion, house pipes are usually high quality at their price, since pipe shops are usually trying to win over people to pipe smoking and want it to be a good experience. That is certainly true of an old outfit like IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.