weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Cornell & Diehl: Old Joe Krantz in a Meer...​

RSunPJ4.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and asparagus dinner with a small scoop of chocolate ice cream for dessert. I've about a third of a bowl left of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Yankees-Mets game.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Bax Burley

Can't Leave
Jul 20, 2021
Pennsylvania
Lane MV-1000 in a Peterson System Standard 301 Bent Pot.

I just compared a bulk bag of MV-1000, with a bulk bag of Captain Black Gold, and a pouch of OTC Captain Black Gold. I can discern zero difference in the bulk version and MV-1000, texture, cut, bag note, and smoking taste. I know this stuff isn't fancy, but I could smoke a barrel of MV-1000/CBG, but the bulk stuff definitely is softer/less bunched up and PG'd. (And it doesn't even have Burley! What have I become!)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2015 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9708B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Working and listening to the Yankees-Mets game, which has been a looong game.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9708B_pot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.