PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
After smoking the last 6 bowls of pigtail in this meer, I’m going back for more. It’s a strange thing for me to do this, my inclination is to change it up with something else, but the growing familiarity of the smoke is bringing out flavours I normally am oblivious too. This bowl, and the last, have seen some Kendal vibes creeping in mid smokeB9C63A4A-66C7-407F-AD90-7AE53047620B.jpeg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Decided not to go to the pub during Stoptober except for meals when I go to the Crescent in Buxton.
Not taking my Visa card out except when I get my flu jab at Boots.
Will continue my swimming, litter picking and volunteering for the Don Catchment Rivers Trust; I'll be too busy for the beer ? and pipe baccy!
Will do all my shopping online next month and do some more baking; sorted all my clothes and bag that need sewing - then start making Christmas cards and presents ?!
Keeping busy and active will stop me getting tempted into smoking my clay pipe!
Done ? over 1 million steps now; will do some more baking tomorrow!

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
SG Cabbie's Mixture in a talking tree meer by S. Yanik with a glass of A. E. Dor 1989 vintage Grande Champagne Cognac:

View attachment 99684

View attachment 99685

This pipe is a monster! I can clench but only just long enough for the picture.

Covers my whole hand:

View attachment 99687

Thumb easily fits in the chamber:

View attachment 99689
Yes, one in the the long tradition of fugly face pipes

Carved out of deer antler ...
1632788426164.png

... and a cheroot holder protruding from a bird's skull (lower jaw unfortunately damaged by me years ago and now missing)
1632788731466.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and sugar snap peas dinner with peach slices for dessert. I've about a quarter of a bowl left of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Ice water and bergs is my drink, but before long, I'll brew some coffee.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of the way through this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Denver Morning Pipe in a smooth three quarter bend 1979 made in Israel billiard with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching a PBS documentary on William Randolph Hearst.

Status
Not open for further replies.