PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Have about a third of a bowl left of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Tried walking, but my back stiffed up, so I didn't do my usual number of laps. Old age is not fun! It does beat the alternative, though. :)
Molina_Apple.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That meer looks suspiciously like a Sav 904.... nnnn

View attachment 98892
Surprisingly enough, I don't see it. It's easily twice the size of a Savinelli. It has a round "plateaux" crown instead of an egg shaped one, the heel to shank transition is one straight curve instead of a severe point, and is 1/4 bent where the 904 is 1/8. It's just a big Danish shaped dublin. It's not that I dislike the 904s, just too many people started collecting them and it killed my interest in them. I still have one of them.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost finished smoking Motzek (TAK) Virginia Cake in an undated straight black sandblasted Kevin Arthur brandy with a multi-colored accent on the white acrylic saddle stem. This pipe was originally owned by Sante “FishnBanjo” Giuliani.
Kevin Arthur Brandy.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
PC Match Elizabethan in a Ferndown Reo, by Les Wood of London, a smooth bent billiard with cumberland stem and silver band. This is an even Virginia blend with rich flavor that burns well. I think Les Wood is at least semi-retired, but his Ferndown pipes are worth watching for as estates.

Status
Not open for further replies.