*** What Are You Smoking?*** (September 2016)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneek

Might Stick Around
Sep 8, 2016
Sleep is highly overrated.
Halfway through a bowl of Christmas Cookie in a smooth Sheffield 1/8 bend volcano, fire grain with lucite stem.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
D&R Rimboche A.P. in my MM Freehand

I haven't tried any of the other Rimboche offerings, but this one is presented in a coarse cut rather than D&R's finely shredded blends.

A.P. stands for Arcadian Perique....the Rimboche S.J. has St James Perique.

I got a pound of this blend for $21.96. and it's good enough to tin!

Take advantage of P&C's 20% off on Daughter's and Ryan...you will be surprised like I was, at what you get for your money. No remorse whatsoever.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
I had 2 bowls so far today. Both in cobs.

I had mine first bowl of Semois ...

It felt very different than the other blends I have smoked. Very strong, very heavy, very smoky. It feels like I am smoking a cigar. And I think I don't like cigars. I personally don't connect with cigars. Anyway it was an interesting experience that I will do again soon to give it a second opinion.
I also had a bowl of Gentleman Caller

The smell in the bag is extraordinary. The room note is really really nice. But as I smoked it, I felt it lacked in substance. Maybe just because it compared poorly to the tin note. It was definitely an enjoyable smoke that will be enjoyed again. But it didn't really live up to the expectations born from the smell.
Interesting times !!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Carver, if you tried the Gentleman Caller soon after the Semois, your taste buds may have been overtaxed.

I think that repetition with burly blends is typically required for the profile to 'emerge'.

I suppose most blends require many chances before they're judged. Different pipes have been known to be transformative. Different 'oral' circumstances. Any little thing can make all the difference.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
My morning ritual

imag0308-600x336.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Granger in a smooth straight 1980s James Upshall Walnut pot with a tapered black acrylic stem. Ice tea and bergs is my drink.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Year 1985 Elephant & Castle Deerstalker in a 2014 smooth medium bend Basil Meadows egg with an aluminum band and a "root beer swirl" acrylic stem.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Ogden’s Walnut in a 2002 medium bend smooth Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10 with a black acrylic stem. Have enough left for one more bowl, durn it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding Reserve in a 1990s smooth Peterson Captain Pete XL80 bulldog with a black vulcanite stem and p-lip.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter with a black vulcanite stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.