Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Having some HH old dark fired in a my radice rind apple with caminetto rod stock stem! A great combo! Happy smokes! View attachment 170599
@sax&pipes86 I smoked some Old Dark Fired in my clay pipes; I find strong dark baccy hits the back of my throat harder so I prefer lighter coloured Virginia blends. Next year I'd like to limit my clay pipe smoking to re-enactment events and days out. I'll probably order some of the golden coloured Virginia blends such as Yorktown, Lane HS3 and the other real life "Clay King 👑" Virginia / Cavendish blends such as SG Black Forest. This is the real life "Clay King 👑":)

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Wilke Rum Cake in a MM Apple Diplomat with a Forever Stem.

To our new fellow pipe smokers, if you happen to read this!

If you can barely afford even a MM Cob, all I can say, is it’s the same with Briars, price doesn’t always equate to a good smoker, and there’s even bad and good cobs too.

What I can tell you to help, my MM Apple Diplomat smokes as nice as pipes I’ve smoked costing $200-$300, and I’m seriously not joking.

So don’t let the high cost of all those fancy looking briar pipes discourage you, or that you believed, that a cob, all you could afford was supposedly junk.

Be well everyone! Aloha! ❤️ 🤙

E883675D-EC73-4F05-87EF-0ACE0864FF17.jpeg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
All the beer is gone and I don't know why but I gotta get it on so it's two nostrils full of snuff and the same old clay, a little hotter and smokier because I like 'er this way.
Pictured with some of todays sad haul of hazelnuts on a much happier leaf of Latakia Virginia, ultra smoked.
This hot and dry summer sure hasn't been kind on natures gifts.

View attachment 170627
@Chaukisch I made a crumble with some of Jane's pears 🍐 this evening; had some plant based ice cream 🍦 with it. I love picking apples 🍎, pears 🍐 and blackberries off the trees / bushes. If I was getting a woodland / bushcraft centre together I would plant some fruit trees to add to our diet and baking:)
You know how much I love your braided clay pipe already, do you???
This is my favourite out of all the pipes on this forum:)
Shame we can't get together for a few beers and bowls (out of a clay of course)...

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Wilke Rum Cake in a MM Apple Diplomat with a Forever Stem.

To our new fellow pipe smokers, if you happen to read this!

If you can barely afford even a MM Cob, all I can say, is it’s the same with Briars, price doesn’t always equate to a good smoker, and there’s even bad and good cobs too.

What I can tell you to help, my MM Apple Diplomat smokes as nice as pipes I’ve smoked costing $200-$300, and I’m seriously not joking.

So don’t let the high cost of all those fancy looking briar pipes discourage you, or that you believed, that a cob, all you could afford was supposedly junk.

Be well everyone! Aloha! ❤️ 🤙

View attachment 170645
@PipeIT I could get a lot of clays and something to smoke in them for the price of one briar pipe...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Jim's Va/Bur #2 in a 1986 full bend pebble relief Aldo Velani Titan 33 briar Hungarian/Calabash with a black acrylic tapered stem that has a briar accent. Listening to the Braves-Phillies game in the XM since our local Fox channel blocked them out.
Aldo_Velani_Titan33.jpg

sax&pipes86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2020
New Jersey
@sax&pipes86 I smoked some Old Dark Fired in my clay pipes; I find strong dark baccy hits the back of my throat harder so I prefer lighter coloured Virginia blends. Next year I'd like to limit my clay pipe smoking to re-enactment events and days out. I'll probably order some of the golden coloured Virginia blends such as Yorktown, Lane HS3 and the other real life "Clay King 👑" Virginia / Cavendish blends such as SG Black Forest. This is the real life "Clay King 👑":)
Some blends hit me like that but very few. I really like this Old Dark Fired but I think I prefer the burley flake. To me it’s more well rounded. The ODF is a once and a while itch I scratch haha. Typically Virginias and vapers are my go to blends. I used to smoke a lot of Latakia and aromatic blends when I started smoking but I haven’t really reached for them in years!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Brown Bogie in a Meer...​

P6av9bf.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Half way through this bowl of C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching an episode of McCloud. This one has Terri Garr in it.
View attachment 170510
Classic Teri Garr in that one! I have a few McClouds recorded. Thought of you last week - over two nights I recorded a two part episode of Cannon just because it had David Janssen and just about anyone who ever showed up in a TV show it it. It comes on after Mannix in the middle of the night - frequently record some of those that look interesting - some good shows on back in the "good old days".

Status
Not open for further replies.