PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I love that pipe; I'd like to braid on one of my clay pipes. I'd like to know how you did it! That's probably my favourite pipe on the whole forum:)
Thanks! puffy It reminds me of the Japanese art or philosophy of "Kintsugi", something becoming more beautiful because it broke. I just used hemp twine, glue and feathers instead of gold. 😁
And the binding, I really just made it up as I went along, it's about the third or fourth time I did it.
Try it out, it's really easy and you'll see what works and what doesn't pretty quick.
How is your username pronounced; is it "Chow-kish"???
Yep, that's pretty much it. 👍Comes from the Chauci. Last year they found and dug up one of their settlements under a corn field just a short bike ride away, They found some really nice artifacts, really interesting to visit and see. Of course it all has been filled up with dirt again, now there's the same old corn field...

OT:
It's time again for the best performing briar in my little collection. Filled with that Burley/Virginia mix which I really like by now but It doesn't suit my quick'n'hot puffing, I'll have to calm down.

20220922_190015 - Copy.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Thanks! puffy It reminds me of the Japanese art or philosophy of "Kintsugi", something becoming more beautiful because it broke. I just used hemp twine, glue and feathers instead of gold. 😁
And the binding, I really just made it up as I went along, it's about the third or fourth time I did it.
Try it out, it's really easy and you'll see what works and what doesn't pretty quick.

Yep, that's pretty much it. 👍Comes from the Chauci. Last year they found and dug up one of their settlements under a corn field just a short bike ride away, They found some really nice artifacts, really interesting to visit and see. Of course it all has been filled up with dirt again, now there's the same old corn field...

OT:
It's time again for the best performing briar in my little collection. Filled with that Burley/Virginia mix which I really like by now but It doesn't suit my quick'n'hot puffing, I'll have to calm down.

View attachment 170587
@Chaukisch I take it the Burley is the darker leaf; is the golden leaf that mellow yellow Virginia that would be the main component of "Clay King 👑"?
I've sent you a PM reply to the "Clay King 👑" message.
Should be a healthier smoke than the manufactured processed coated tobacco...
When I got my first clay pipes I was puffing like a steam train but have managed to slow down a lot now:)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking Seattle Pipe Club Give Me Liberty in a medium bend 2001 Ural lattice Rhodesian with a yellow with white swirls acrylic saddle stem. Still working on a review of this blend, but I'm not far from finishing it.
URAL_2001_Rhodesian.jpg

sax&pipes86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2020
New Jersey
sax&pipes86, did you like my Sherlockian poem on the previous page of that The Pipe Collector issue?
I'm glad to see you are a member of NASPC.
Why aren't all the folk on this thread members?
yes I did very much! It’s a great publication and a great group to be a part of. I only joined about a year and a half ago and I love reading all the articles! I hope I can make it out to the Columbus show sometime. Everyone should join!!

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I take it the Burley is the darker leaf; is the golden leaf that mellow yellow Virginia that would be the main component of "Clay King 👑"?
Right on both accounts. 😁
Should be a healthier smoke than the manufactured processed coated tobacco...
Healthy vs. unhealthy... Living in this modern world is pretty unhealthy so it's all more or less irrelevant.
For me it's nature made vs. man made. And modern mankind is up to all sorts of wicked things so I trust nature. At least it's neutral and honest. 😁

OT:
Revisiting the 60% LatVA/40% Turkish blend in my clay.
Not nearly as good as the 50/50 one, I prefer the Oriental spice and thought I could elevate the taste of my last few leaves with the Latakia Virginia but no, I expected it to be on the milder side when it comes to Latakia but it sure is overpowering.
A good lesson well learned although I enjoy this strong taste on my tongue, can't wait to try a thoroughly smoked Kentucky or dark Burley.

20220922_205808 - Copy.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@chauki
Right on both accounts. 😁

Healthy vs. unhealthy... Living in this modern world is pretty unhealthy so it's all more or less irrelevant.
For me it's nature made vs. man made. And modern mankind is up to all sorts of wicked things so I trust nature. At least it's neutral and honest. 😁

OT:
Revisiting the 60% LatVA/40% Turkish blend in my clay.
Not nearly as good as the 50/50 one, I prefer the Oriental spice and thought I could elevate the taste of my last few leaves with the Latakia Virginia but no, I expected it to be on the milder side when it comes to Latakia but it sure is overpowering.
A good lesson well learned although I enjoy this strong taste on my tongue, can't wait to try a thoroughly smoked Kentucky or dark Burley.

View attachment 170603
@Chaukisch My favourite pipe on the whole forum:)
No Latakia in "Clay King 👑":)

Status
Not open for further replies.