PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gastro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 3, 2020
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Anglers Dream in a cob. Another beautiful day today. Got quite chilly last night. Warmed up to 79 today. My favorite time of the year!
Found a tub of Angler's Dream out in the wild yesterday! still waiting to open it. Hoping it's held up well over time. I Smoked some Golden Sceptre in a sasieni this fine cool morning

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I'm interested in reusing and recycling everything I can:)
Not much single use plastic with me; I get my toiletries and cleaning bottles refilled, I use the Ocean 🌊 Saver cleaning refills and when I go to Buxton I fill my water 💦 bottle at the drinking fountain.
Got 2 jackets I found while litter picking - in my size:)
That's very commendable! I can't stand plastic either but it's everywhere. I'll never understand how people can't clean up after themselves, it's the bare minimum of general decency. I'd be disgusted and ashamed of myself.
Good thing people like you are out there. King of the Clay, Hero of Sheffield. 😁

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
View attachment 169967

Smoking some Black & Beauty (Cavendish, Perique and few Virginias) in my third home made pipe. A deep orange flame grain half bent apple with rectangular shank and ebonite half-saddle stem. Paired with a mug of hot strong black tea, finished with pouring cream and cane sugar.
Nice work!
I especially like the shape of the stem

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Yeah, I'll probably just leave it like it is. Perhaps a ring of cork stuck inbetween would soak up, store and over time release moisture without soiling the fingers and look pretty nice to boot.
When it starts to smell bad, replace it cheap. I think I'll try that!

Did you ever try the boiling water and press-method? Put the tenon in boiling hot water for a minute or so. Then press it on the tabletop in right angle. Repeat if necessary until the right fit. It will compress the tenon a little bit and make it wider as far as it’s made of acryl or ebonite. Be careful not to overdo this, otherwise it may crack the shank. Repaired twice a loose fit with that, cracked a fine line in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.