PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2017 Esoterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This will get me to dinner time.
KBB Kaywoodie_Rocky1582-bulldog.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
This Redcoat must be full of beer 🍺 and pipe baccy now:)
When I go to Nottingham pipe show, should I show them my practice for clay pipe smoking competitions and do my 1 drag cigarette party trick???
Going to wear my Redcoat (aka my smoking jacket:)) and smoke a clay pipe. If anyone's going to Nottingham, you only have to look for the Redcoat to find me:)
Dad says I live on beer 🍺 and pipeweed:)
As pipe baccy is plant material it counts as one of my 5 a day:)
I think "Condor Moment" is a good caption for a photo of a re-enactor smoking a clay pipe:)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Capstan Blue Flake in my small meer. Pleasant smoke. I find rubbing it out and letting it dry a couple hours works best for me.
@Carol Are you still smoking your clay pipes???
I love my medieval themed home 🏡 and my woven basket 🧺 I made at Tribe bushcraft fits in perfectly:)
Going to Graves Park again to see the sheep 🐑 next week!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
First time try of C&D Palmetto Balkan (sample) in my Savinelli Bacco 321 bent author. Like this one a lot, lat isn't overpowering, and moisture level was perfect. Held up nicely in the furious winds coming through today, preceding a ton of rain during a time of year when we typically get nothing. Glad I was able to get a smoke in before it started, and a great one that totally redeemed my sub-par experience with Anthology last week (going to try it in a cob next time, which might help).

Bird report: California scrub-jay, California towhee, California quail (noticing a pattern here?), Oak titmouse, White-breasted nuthatch, Mountain chickadee, Northern flicker, Common raven, Steller's jay, House finch, and Nuttall's woodpecker. Surprised to see so much activity on such a blustery, ominous day, but I'm not one to complain. Looking forward to a lovely, rainy weekend, and a chicken legs w/mashed potatoes, peas, and red wine dinner.

Playing the Smiths' 3rd album, because it's just so apropos. Shabbat shalom everybody!

bacco.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Yes I expect you probably are....

@condorlover1 How much Condor do you think this Redcoat would like to smoke in his clay pipes???
When I was in the churchyard I didn't remove the clappers from the church bells like in the old Condor adverts:)
Found a Condor packet while litter picking; Anthony says it was mine:)

Status
Not open for further replies.