Status
Not open for further replies.

VDL_Piper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
TY, so I wasn't 100% wrong...this time. ;)

The Mattone line doesn't seem to be as prominent as their other lines... I knew I wanted a Prince shape pipe next, and admired the Savinelli take on it. But I also wanted one with a smooth rather than rusticated finish, and Savinelli seems to reserve smooth finishes for their pricier models (or churchwardens.) Eventually I found this one on the Milan Tobacconists site, and it became my birthday present. :)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken primavera and green beans dinner with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm closing in on the half way mark of this bowl of C&D Derringer in a late 1890s, early 1900s straight smooth brown unbranded billiard with an A&D silver cap and ferrule with a tapered amber stem and orific bit. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
1890-1900 unbranded billiard_silver&amberish.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finishing this bowl of D&R Penhooker Silver in a straight smooth dark brown late 1890s, early 1900s WDC bulldog with silver bands around the ridges, a decorative sterling silver band and tapered black vulcanite stem with an orific bit. Still raining hard with strong winds.
W.D.C._bulldog_side.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.