PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Based on suggestions from other forum members ( Dino, LotusEater, etc…) I am bringing back my other pipes back in rotation. I will still smoke the Altinay most of the time, but I will also smoke the others occasionally.

Now smoking Golden Triangle Paulina in a Paykoc Meerschaum Sherlock Holmes- From Sherlock Holmes/ Dr Watson two pipe set
Dude, you're totally neglecting the Altinay now... :ROFLMAO:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've almost finished smoking year 2022 Peter Heinrichs Curly Cut in the first pipe Trever Talbot made when he went to France many years ago. It's a smooth straight Algerian briar Lumberman with a long shank and a black vulcanite saddle stem, unbranded.
Trevor_Talbert_Lumberman#2.jpg

In today's New York Times, I am quoted several times about the life and comic book career of the late Lily Renee. Here's a link to the article: Lily Renée Phillips, Pioneering Comic Book Artist, Dies at 101 - https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/14/arts/design/lily-renee-phillips-dead.html

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Been working, and will finish this story tonight.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Listening to the White Sox-Guardians game.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

Ag®o

Lifer
Nov 14, 2021
Italy
Unseasonably hot today, maybe the last 90+, down to the 60s tomorrow! Dermatologist called, biopsies negative - wear those wide brimmed hats! - so smiling on the inside and enjoying maiden voyage for Peterson Christmas 2022 with Sutliff Christmas Spice. View attachment 170330
I know what it means.
Similar situation here, too much sun in youth and now periodic dermatological visits with some occasional removal.
There is always a price to pay for excesses LOL

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
C&D Opening Night. A Meer my friend picked up in Turkey for me. The draw is like sucking a golf ball through a garden hose. It gets really hot as soon as you light it. It gets molten hot after you take only three puffs. It gurgles and it will not pass a pipe cleaner.

Yet I love it for its sentimental value. EFCD1A82-4718-417F-B449-64C2C350415D.jpeg

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The pages are drying, and then I'll do touch ups, so right now it's looking good for getting this Archie and Friends story done tonight. I'm close to finishing this bowl of D&R Penhooker Silver in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Shamrock 263 Canadian with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite p-lip stem. Snacking follows this smoke! :)
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Shamrock.jpg

Architeuthis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2021
The pages are drying, and then I'll do touch ups, so right now it's looking good for getting this Archie and Friends story done tonight. I'm close to finishing this bowl of D&R Penhooker Silver in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Shamrock 263 Canadian with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite p-lip stem. Snacking follows this smoke! :)
View attachment 170365
Penhooker Silver is my favorite of the D&R virginias.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of Wilke Hearth of Galway in an undated smooth straight medium brown made in France Saillard Lord Clerit lumberman with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Lord_Clerit_Lumberman.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Listing this a few minutes early: year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
My last smoke of the day was an easy choice: Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Time to check out the forum, and baseball box scores.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Up in the wee hours, just finished the Condor I was smoking before, reminds me of some Gawith Lakelands. Makes me think, who came first, the English 🇬🇧 or the Irish ☘️ with all this perfume tabac? LOL 😆

I really enjoy watching the tube late, when it’s so quiet, and having a puff. :)

So wanting to smoke some more, having now some C&D Sun Bear Mountain Flower, in a Dr. Grabow: Commodore 65 Zulu, dated from 1967-1969, vulcanite stem, metal screw-in tenon, no stinger.

I really love this blend yummy yummy 😋

Be well everyone! ❤️

943AB418-C0BC-498C-A73C-78ED6C8E418C.jpeg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Good Morning Men! It is a little to dark to take pictures so you will just have to do the 'visualize thing' until later in the morning. Today I am starting my day with a bowl of yesterdays left overs. Waste not want not was an often quoted saying of my late Mother. I am smoking that awful meerschaum from hell that refuses to color, however I have found out it has some weird hard wax covering that when gently removed reveals a colored meerschaum underneath. I think this pipe is going on a one way trip out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.