Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Right now: Aldo Velani Volcano Pipe with Dunhill Danish Mixture.
Saturday morning, I got up at 7 am and watched the sun rise over Tampa Bay with a cafe latte and mixed fruit for breakfast. Then after answering some emails and doing a few chores I filled my Aldo Velani Volcano Pipe with Dunhill Danish Mixture while watching the sailboats head out from the docks and reading Pipe Dreams by Rick Newcombe.

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
Sunday: Alternating Froggie on the Bayou in my Pete Sherlock (Lestrade) and Penzance in my GBD 5th Avenue. BTW, Mixture No. 79 is the only tobacco choice that survives from my younger days. I still like it. Kevin, this is the largest format two-person forum in the internet. But hang in there. If you build it they will come.

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
I'm having dinner in a few minutes. After that, a cup of java and Penzance in a Savinelli smooth Colonial. Man, I'm one of those Penzance devotees. It seems to appeal to new pipe smokers or those who like me have returned to pipe smoking after a long hiatus. By the way, Kevin, I've never tried any Peterson blends. If you like that one it must be pretty good.

eddiegrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2009
I never heard of Milonga. Funny that they gave it that name, which is an old-fashioned Argentinian song style as distinctive in that country as the tango. I believe that they also have a pastry-style dessert named milonga. Probably the tobacco was named after the pastry. Chicken or egg type of thing.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I just smoked Mac Baren Navy Flake in a Dunhill Shell Briar (2001). Damn was that good!
By the way, Kevin, I've never tried any Peterson blends. If you like that one it must be pretty good.
Yes, the Peterson Luxury Blend is very nice. It is a sweet aromatic that doesn't burn hot. I reviewed it here:

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/peterson-luxury-blend-pipe-tobacco-review

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Mac Baren - Club Blend - A roll-cake tobacco with matured Virginia and Cavendish tobaccos. Medium strength and great aroma. Smoking it out by the pool in a Peterson Bent sandblast.

Status
Not open for further replies.