PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
So I got the latest iPhone and the pictures it takes larger than what I can upload here. Should be easy to re-size in this day and age, but no, you have to jump through a ton of hoops. Anyway, I‘ve been seriously missing my Union Square. Had a pinch left of some 2015 and was waiting for the right moment to open a new 2022 tin. So finally got to it. Crazy how much darker the older vintage is. Enjoyed in my Blatter Canadian to end September and then again tonight in my Calich volcano. So damn good!

IMG_0076.jpegIMG_0078.jpeg

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
So I got the latest iPhone and the pictures it takes larger than what I can upload here. Should be easy to re-size in this day and age, but no, you have to jump through a ton of hoops. Anyway, I‘ve been seriously missing my Union Square. Had a pinch left of some 2015 and was waiting for the right moment to open a new 2022 tin. So finally got to it. Crazy how much darker the older vintage is. Enjoyed in my Blatter Canadian to end September and then again tonight in my Calich volcano. So damn good!

View attachment 339385View attachment 339386
Seconded on all counts

Nice 8oz'er

2016 Union Square in a dedicated Castello

20240924_231056.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark of his bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Finally getting around to watching the O's-Royals game.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have passed the last third of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Spent all my time after watching the ball game traffic copping all the ferals. Everybody ate well, especially Tomato the Brave. Daisy the Feral Princess is not a big eater, and nibbles at her food. Harry the Hairy eats a little, drinks some water, and then eats a little more. He's not a big eater much of the time. Same goes for Abner the Eager. Tomato is by my side now; second time today. He's wanting to be with me more often lately, and I have noticed that he purrs more than he used to. The same is true for Abner, who was by my side twice today for over an hour each time. The rest of the time it was Sleepy Suzy by my side. She really doesn't like seeing others in her place. I brought Molly Danger out for a while, but after a couple of hours on m'lady's lap, she got very nervous about being in the same room with the ferals. I thought her nerves would be better since Sam and her scampers have been gone for a few months, but there hasn't been much improvement.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
At the half way mark of this bowl of Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a slight bend smooth brown post WWII 1940s Sasieni Ivory 101 Westminster diplomat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Tomato the Brave is snoring with a big smile on his face. He smiles a lot, but I never noticed his snoring until three months or so ago. Forgot to mention earlier that I caught Abner the Eager on his hind legs looking into the trash can. He grabbed a chicken leg, and started eating the fat and skin that I left on the bone. This is the fourth time in four days that I caught him doing something like this. He never did it before. Maybe he's tired of only eating dry food. It does explain the coffee grounds on the kitchen floor four days ago. M'lady thought that I dropped some when I emptied the container, and when I told her that I would have cleaned it up if I had, I figured that it had to be Abner's work. I didn't know he liked coffee with his chicken legs. ;)
1940s_Sasieni_Ivory101_Westminster_diplomat.jpg